formal night pictures?

kjaa0913

This is a very touchy subject on here and you can find all sorts of answers.........if you really want to dress up big time..men wear tuxes and women wear long gowns..........

But of course, wearing nice dresses and men wearing suits is fine too.....

And you'll have some wearing whatever they feel like wearing.........

Its up to you,but if you want to get all "formal-like" go for it....makes nice pics!

I want to say $20 but I'm not sure. We usually get an assortment and If we really like the photo we don't worry about the cost.

IMO the best pictures are done by the photographers who use the white backgrounds as opposed to the ones outside the dining room who use the "scenic" backgrounds.

I think they're in the photo shop area and in different parts of the ship. The lighting seems better and they take more time with you. I believe there is a marked difference in quality. The sittings are free so try them both. You only buy the ones you like. No obligation.

Jimmers:)

if you go to the "fashions" board there is an entire thread entitled post pics from formal night (or something like that) - You'll see lots of photos there! - ok I found it - it's called "post a picture of your dress" and it's on page three

We were on the Explorer, which is a gorgeous ship; however, the formal pictures that were taken on the stairwells and in front of the beautiful sculpture at the entrance to the Royal Promenade were really not very attractive. The backgrounds were too busy. Do follow the recommendation above and get at least one of the drop-down backgrounds, whether white or not. It really was a shame that people's lovely pictures had such bad backgrounds. That stairwell may be magnificent, but not when you want a picture of YOU.

If you don't mind standing in line, get your picture taken by several different photographers. Some are definitely better than others.

Archived