Travel Agents

drewdie

Are we allowed to mention specific Travel Agencies on these boards? I have a question about a specific agency that keeps sending me e-mails. Their prices are a little better than booking through NCL and they offer onboard credit. But, I am reluctant to book with an agency that I am not familiar with, although the savings and credit would be nice. I have booked over 12 cruises, but have not been very happy with my TA on the last few. I know what to ask, and know what cabins etc that we like. Any benefits to booking directly with cruise line or drawbacks?

You might want to make certain that the TA does not impose its own cancellation fee in addition to the cruise line cancellation fee. If they do, there would be an obvious benefit from booking directly with the cruise line, so that you would be subject to only one cancellation fee.

I don't believe that we can mention specific online TA's here, but we have booked all of the cruises under my signature with the same online agency and they have been just great. They always have had better prices than booking directly with the cruiseline. The agency that we use does advertise on this CC site.

Be sure that the prices include both port charges and taxes. there are some that don't show these until you are just ready to pay for your reservation. Some of the major agencies purchase blocks of rooms, therefore they are able to offer a better discount for booking your reservation.:)

Are we allowed to mention specific Travel Agencies on these boards? I have a question about a specific agency that keeps sending me e-mails. Their prices are a little better than booking through NCL and they offer onboard credit. But, I am reluctant to book with an agency that I am not familiar with, although the savings and credit would be nice. I have booked over 12 cruises, but have not been very happy with my TA on the last few. I know what to ask, and know what cabins etc that we like. Any benefits to booking directly with cruise line or drawbacks?

To answer your question, the answer is no....cc does not allow names of agencies or agents, not any recommendations...sorry.

Archived