Which cruiseline?

Stevie17

We are planning on taking our first Alaskan cruise in the summer of 2006 (I know..long way off, but it will be for my 40th birthday), and I'd like to get your opinion on what cruise line you think does the best job. We will have two small children in tow, so some of the more mature lines (HAL) may not work. Any thoughts?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;4;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until 9 nights of pure joy in the Southern Caribbean!!!

Alaska - August 2006, ship TBD

NCL Spirit - February 2005

Grand Princess - May 2003

NCL Sun - May 2002

NCL Sea - May 2000

You need to look at many factors other than ship. How much time can you invest?? If only 7 days- than a round trip cruise would probably be best- Vancouver vs Seattle?? Vancouver usually has more inside passage sailing. Look at ports, time in ports, route, glacier, price. Be certain to budget fully for costly excursions. If you have more time- 2 weeks, then perhaps a 7 day cruise with a 7 day interior tour. I don't recommend a cruisetour- for families- extremely costly for what you get and on a fixed schedule. Better is to go on your own, perhaps a RV rental or stay in wonderful Alaska B&B's. Head to your library and take out Alaska travel books, research will give you a better idea what is right for your group. In Alaska- there are far fewer kids on all lines- in general compared to the Caribbean but always at least a few. icon_smile.gif I would NOT cross HAL off your list, they are superior for routing, and deck space. Also have a ship naturalist- as do Princess, Carnival.

Archived