Your FIRST Cruise on Disney -- What did you like Best???

SweetAngel

Your cruise experiance, I think will actually be a Disney Adventure. While many posters have hit many highlights, the highlights you are about to enjoy, will be yours forever. Overall it's just jam packed Fun. The best part of the cruise for us, is actually when we re-book on board, because we know we'll being doing this again. It's a Vacation Adventure. Read your daily navigator, be flexiable, and enjoy! There's just so much to do, that you'll have to do it again. Can't wait to read your post in early January. Metrowon

Wow...Reading all these posts brings tears of joy to my eyes. I cant wait till we go. Its so far off, I may have to book an earlier one!! It will indeed be the experience of a lifetime for us. We love Disney.:)
The whole adventure for you and your daughter, will be, trust me, worth the wait. My wife and I were on board 5 years ago,for our 25th anniversary, without the children, and within 10 minutes, we both had wished we had the children with us. We had a great time, and in the years since, so has our family. It's just plain old Disney Fun. Now it's part of our lives. It's become an annual event for us. You and your daughter will have Memories that last a Lifetime, your 1st. Disney Cruise. I doubt it will be your last. Be patient, it's trully worth the wait. I do trully understand your anticipation. Just plan on re-booking on board. Metrowon

Did you open your Christmas present's and peek?

Ha, ha. You know I was actually never guilty of that ... I do always love a surprise.

However, I have always found that the more research I put into my vacation, the more I enjoy my trip. As I see it, I get three extra months of excitement this way. I discovered Cruise Critic last year, and what I learned from people on these boards made my trip on Ecstasy twice as nice.

No matter how much you all share with me, I am certain there will be surprises around every corner. Thank you, thank you everyone for taking the time to share your first Disney cruise experience.

Thank you, Metrowon, for sharing your info. You are one of the cruise critic oldies, and I have always enjoyed reading your posts ... you and Mr Pete and Mom x4, Grandma x4 and Lagbunch8 and Cruiserbryce and Oceanliner and NCmom and Jeast and even a visit from Host Mick. I can't help being excited to have all you old-timers reply to MY post. :D

If there are any more of you with special Disney moments to share, keep them coming.

We just returned from the 7 day Eastern, that was involved with Hurricane Noel, 10/28-11/03. We did miss Castaway Cay, which is just an unbelieviable destination, or port of call. I think, the Pirate night activities, cannot be matched by anything offered at sea, for just pure fun, and entertainment. Not to many passengers miss this Spectacular Display of Disney entertainment. Just enjoy. Metrowon

The best part..It's hard to have a definitive best part. The entire experience is amazing, from boarding,to shows, and the food!

I can tell you the worst part, waking up on the following Saturday, opening the curtains to the veranda and seeing a parking lot full of cars and trucks!!! :eek: and not that blue Caribbean sea. It hits you hard and you know it's over time to get back to reality and start the process of when your going to take your next Disney cruise.

Even though we have done 2 cruises, the 7 day was more special for us this time. (our son was with us this time, he was with Grandma last time.)

Being able to watch all 3 kids interact with the characters and at the deck parties. swimming in the pools, ice cream at the pool.

I loved the fireworks on Pirate Night. The deck party was really cool too.

Palos was even better this time. We went with another couple and the waiter kept bringing us entrees to try.

Castaway Cay was a fun lazy day at the beach, we spent the day with our friends and all 6 kids had a blast. We even took the tram ride just to show the kids the island.

Breakfast with the characters was fun and watching all the kids dance etc.

The ships horn.

Signed pillow cases.

Jack Sparrow.

Tea with Alice.

I thought the entertainment staff was better this time. The dance party after the Golden Mickeys was so much fun. Our dd had a dance named after her. She had so much fun dancing with Emma and Keyon. (Keyon was my favorite Disney entertainer!!)

Our cruise was so much fun we rebooked for next year all ready. I wish we could afford to go twice a year!! :D

The really cool part, we were in Port Carnaveral and watched the Magic take off the day we disembarked! We were singing along in the car and doing the dances! We even videod the horn..."When you wish upon a star." I think we all sang it for days!

It's late, so I'll just give you my BEST moment on our first DCL cruise...

When my 4 y.o. DD turned and looked at DH & I in the cabin as we were getting ready for dinner at Palo and said "Hurry up you guys - my club needs me... Let's go!!!" and nearly dragged us all the way down the hall to the Oceaneer's Club.

:)

Archived