EOS - Coffee really that bad?

CaribKat57

Okay...I'm hearing all these horror stories about the "Seattle's Best" coffee. I love my coffee, but too much into mud-water as I hear I may be getting. Is there a nice coffee cafe on the Royal Promenade that WILL NOT charge extra for java? Or will I be trying to bring a little coffeemaker on board...which I'm reading from other posts may not be an option? My DH is teasing me that if I keep my caffiene intake to Irish or Mexican coffees I'll never know the different. :D My wallet will though, if I'm not too trashed to find it. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

I love a good cup of coffee and found the Seattle's Best on EOS pretty good on our May sailing. We we one deck up from the Promenade Cafe and I used to run down and grap a couple of cups to take back to the cabin in the morning or evening (decaf then). You can also pick-up a couple of pastries for free. If you want espresso/cappucino/latte, you will pay extra for those.

Have fun,

Kurt

I don't know specifics about your ship but I can tell you that "Seattle's Best" coffee as a brand is pretty good (way better than the usual institutional brews or canned coffees like Folgers and not far below Starbucks), so if it is bad on the ship, it is because of other factors besides the quality of the coffee used.

• 1 month later...

Seattle's Best is now owned by Starbucks. They changed the name to City Coffee but the product is the same - sold under another label. (this way all those who don't like Starbucks can say they like Seattle's Best or vice versa).

• 3 weeks later...
Okay...I'm hearing all these horror stories about the "Seattle's Best" coffee. I love my coffee, but too much into mud-water as I hear I may be getting. Is there a nice coffee cafe on the Royal Promenade that WILL NOT charge extra for java? Or will I be trying to bring a little coffeemaker on board...which I'm reading from other posts may not be an option? My DH is teasing me that if I keep my caffiene intake to Irish or Mexican coffees I'll never know the different. :D My wallet will though, if I'm not too trashed to find it. :rolleyes:
My wife and I have cruised on CCL, Princess, Carnival, NCL and RCI..... I'm not a coffee expert... But, this ole blue collar kinda guy thought it was pretty "bad" consistantly across the board... However, Americans generally don't drink STRONG coffee such as the rest of the world does.. Cut it with 1/3 to 1/2 hot water and its MUCH better.... Forget the coffe pot... Make a minor adjustment and enjoy your cruise... Best Regards, Ed in Pa...:D

We're just back. We'll have a lot more to say, and photos to show, I'm sure, but as far as coffee: The coffee machines were not well calibrated. They were clearly not using enough grounds, and consequently they were leeching not only the coffee flavor but all the bitterness from the grounds as well. Definitely not too strong IMHO. The coffee in the dining room was a bit better than the machines in the Windjammer.

Archived