Savvy Traveler for $25 - is it worth it?

martyz

I would second that thought. We bought one but did not find it to be worthwhile. I have looked at them since and find that we really have no use for it. Some drinks, some food, some little charms but not any valuable bargins in it.

I bought it on our Alaska cruise and felt that I did get my money back out of it and saved a little bit beyond. Mostly I used the "free" coupons and a few of the smaller "money off" coupons and then used many of the items for presents for everyone back home- although I did keep a few items for myself. I didn't purchase it expecting to save any large amount of money, which we didn't, but we did have fun with it and it kept my DH busy collecting the free items while I got to look at other things in the shops. ;)

I got the Alaska one and also had the free coupon book they give away at Canada Place, Vancouver. Both offered similar freebies. I felt I wasted time running around getting the "free" items. I didn't get things worth the money paid. The larger priced items are hugely overpriced anyway. One store discounted a ring by half before I even tried it on. Then it went down to a third. I didn't show the book in that store but it was one on the list.

I wouldn't bother.

Archived