Silly question.......

TMCC

It is a mat they put on the bed the first and last day to protect the bedding from your luggage when you pack and unpack.

Take it off when you get into bed and it will disappear and magically reappear when time to pack!

Yeah I HATE that thing. It tells me that it's time to pack and leave the ship. :( I don't wanna leave the ship. ;)

I never would have figured that one out. Well, not until I take my first cruise, and that's not until Sept 08. :)

I'll have lots more questions between now and then, if you don't mind.

TC

Thankfully, I've yet to have one of those layed out in my cabin. It would kind of gross me out having that laying against my sheets because I doubt it gets cleaned regularly nor do the wheels of the luggage that would be laying against it. I think I've watched too many of those "hidden" germ shows because first thing when I get into my room, I always take off the comforter, so my family isn't sitting on it. I've heard they don't often get cleaned in hotels, but hopefully that's different on a cruise.

Thankfully, I've yet to have one of those layed out in my cabin. It would kind of gross me out having that laying against my sheets because I doubt it gets cleaned regularly nor do the wheels of the luggage that would be laying against it. I think I've watched too many of those "hidden" germ shows because first thing when I get into my room, I always take off the comforter, so my family isn't sitting on it. I've heard they don't often get cleaned in hotels, but hopefully that's different on a cruise.
ITA I will put my luggage on the comfortor but never on the sheets. I have never walked into a hotel or my cabin and had the bed sheets exposed like that. I won't say ready for bed because on the ship they usually take the comforter off at night for you. And depending on the set up of the cabin my suitcase doesn't go on the bed at all. But I would be grossed out to have that thing on the sheets I sleep on. Who knows what's been all over peoples luggage. Heck I pack everything in my luggage in plastic bags so that if it gets hand inspected or opens up no one puts their hands on my underwear. I do know that I have had my suitcase open because things have been moved around significantly inside.

It is a mat they put on the bed the first and last day to protect the bedding from your luggage when you pack and unpack.

Take it off when you get into bed and it will disappear and magically reappear when time to pack!

Is that a Carnival specific "tradition"? I have never seen it on Disney or RCCL.

Archived