Jim & Ruth Pictures Packing SUV for Veendam 10-28-07 Cruise

JimVrhovac

Could not esist labeling one of the boxes "Kitchen Sink". You know they are going to say that they brought erything but the kitchen sink.ve

Revneal:

We get inthe lane where can look outside the left window and see they yellow line and put cruise control at 30 MPH. Canit be to safe when you are driving with severe glaucoma and only see shawods. It is ok as Ruth watches out for me when she is not sleeping..

Cat Liter

We both have bad bladders related to age so we keep a box next ro the bed..

Bud Light

Was a present from one ofmy patients so just had to bring it along. Will work on it tonight.

Unpacking

Will be done before lifeboat drill. We have it down to a science

Longer cruises

Take about 50% more bag

Slippers

Did not forget. Have 4 suitcases full. Theones that looklike duffle bags

LAPTOP

That is what I am working on now. Have a new one on order. Conned Ruth into a new one since it is costing so much for her cruises

Blender

Will add that to the list for next trip

Unused Space

Put in several more pieces after the last picture was taked. Had to kick last one to get it in

Glad everyone is getting a good chuckle out of the thread...

Ruth & Jim Alive and in Tampa

Very impressive. I'd love to see the cabin steward's face when he delivers all of this to you?

Have a great cruise!

Or, the stevedores as they have to load it from the car to the ship! Have a great time...how long does it take you to unpack?

Jim and Ruth,

THANK you so much for sharing this fun with us. Really quite incredible.

NO Question about it. You definitely win the prize!

HAVE THE BEST TIME!!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Fair winds and a following sea.........

I have to tell you that I am extremely impressed that you are giving so many gifts to so many people. I am sure the children in Guatemala will be thrilled by the computer equipment and I am sure the crew will enjoy the slippers you are bringing as gifts.

God bless you for your generous spirits.

Roberta

and you can only imagine what i spent my day doing....lol. i love ya'lls posts. post some pictures of what you do and where you go, let the rest of us live vicariously....i get no real vacation until 2009, new hospital computer system...ugh.....post those pictures.....thanks, lauri:o

"Kitchen Sink". That is priceless.

Is the 4 suitcases of slippers a joke or for real?

I have to tell you that I am extremely impressed that you are giving so many gifts to so many people. I am sure the children in Guatemala will be thrilled by the computer equipment and I am sure the crew will enjoy the slippers you are bringing as gifts.

God bless you for your generous spirits.

Roberta

Yes, the slippers are for real!! I've seen the pictures and they're hillarious. And no, the slippers are not for gifts. Ruth and Jim wear them all!!

The computers have been taken to the school. Captail Albert mentioned it in his weblog. Also noted that the computers had to be put on a manifest with other items the ship was giving. Otherwise, the authorities look at it as smuggling. Interesting.

If you read this entry, you will no longer be able to claim you don't know squat! :)

The computers have been taken to the school. Captail Albert mentioned it in his weblog. Also noted that the computers had to be put on a manifest with other items the ship was giving. Otherwise, the authorities look at it as smuggling. Interesting.

If you read this entry, you will no longer be able to claim you don't know squat! :)

Thanks for the heads-up, Jim. I love that weblog.

We had the distinct pleasure of cruising on the Volendam with Jim & Ruth last December and I can attest to the fact that they bring that much when cruising out of Florida.

They always bring slippers for a select few of the crew and some lucky CC'er.

They are the kindest and most warm hearted couple we've ever met cruising.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise Jim & Ruth!!!!!

Has anyone heard from Jim since they left on the Veendam? He usually posts from the ship, but I haven't seen anything.

I have been reading these boards looking for postings from Jim and others who are on the Veendam. For whatever reason there don't seem to be any. Ah, well. They return tomorrow so hopefully we will hear all about it.

Cheers,

Karen

Captain Albert's most recent weblog is really interesting. Everyone might want to read it especially if cruising on the Veendam, or any other ship for that matter, anytime soon.

It's about the smoke detectors going off yesterday morning, how it happened and all the behind the scenes thought process about how they handle it. For those who don't have the link, here it is: Captain Albert’s Weblog (it's the 11/2 Cozumel entry).

Archived