Wireless Internet Service on Century

brandy3415

I have two questions on this. I cannot find the answer to one of them on the Celebrity website, but anyone who recently sailed on the Century might know. Is there a charge for the wireless internet service? Their website does not mention "complimentary" so it is hard to tell.

Also, how difficult is it to get online? Can you really get online from the cabin? We have stayed in hotels that advertised "wireless internet service throughout" and found there was only one spot in the hotel where you could actually get online.

Thanks.

Carol

WiFi on all cruise ships is spotty at best. It's difficult to find a hot spot and we've never been able to connect from a cabin. Plus, the cost is the same as using their computers. And, internet service is awful---it can take more than two minutes to download one internet page.

And sometimes it can take up to 4 or 5 minutes to connect. All of which you are charged for. I usually wait for ports and then find an internet cafe. If you are doing caribbean ports you will find these all over and the prices are much cheaper.

It is not essential to check our email--my husband just likes to fiddle with the computer on board the ship. He also downloads his photos so he does not have to carry more than one chip in the camers.

I told him the prices and he thought that was exorbitant. We have used the ship's computers on more than one cruise, keeping time to barest minimum, just enough to check email and post one message to a family member.

We have also used Internet Cafes in many different countries but they are not secure and we would not, for example, check a bank balance.

I knew people on this board would have more info that the ship website. What they don't want you to know, they just dont mention!

Carol

Archived