Do the stern balcony cabins have a walkway in front of them?

pkw

This is our first time cruising and after reading the fantastic information on this site it sounds like the aft stern balcony cabins are very popular.

We are looking at the Musica in Europe in August 08 so I inquired with MSC today and she is trying to get me to upgrade to a higher level on the sides of the ship.

She told me that with the stern balconies people can walk in front of them on the walkway so they are not as good as the side cabins. I am not sure if she has a valid point or if she is just trying to get me to upgrade. If someone could let me know thier thoughts I would really appreciate it.

I took a look at the deck plans and it does not appear to be any walkway. All the ships I have seen that have aft balconies do not have a walkway either. While I'm sure it could be done, I simply can't imagine why they would do so. That is one of the "perks" of being aft like that, to be able to sit on your balcony and watch the ocean with no obstruction.

Cheers,

I've never seen a ship that has a walkway beyond the balconies :confused: Sometimes on ocean view cabins if you have a promenade deck on the same deck as cabins.

Maybe this agent needs to go onto a ship in person?

OK, I looked at the deck plans for your ship, the jogging track does not even go all the way aft. Not even ocean view cabins with walkways going by the window. So, no worries for you, no one will be strolling by your aft balcony, or any balcony cabin :)

Archived