Can you order any type of drinks at Bar?

JRarey

I love Painkillers! A wonderful drink we discovered in the British VI.

On a few cruise ships we have been on the bartenders can only make the drinks that are listed on their menus.

Does Princess Bars make any drink you request or can you only order what is on the menus?

If I give the bartender the recipe and an additional tip of course can I get my Pain killed?

Jan

Ther are usually pretty accomodating so long as they have the stuff (and the hopes of an extra tip of course LOL). Some of the bars are just stocked with the basics while others have more liquor. Check around, and you should be able to find what you are after.

It also depends if their boss is standing beside them! On a cruise earlier this year I "taught" our favorite bartender how to make a mai tai the way we like them, with amaretto and gran marinier. We tipped him appropriately, in appreciation. One day he didn't make it that way, and later he told me it was because his boss was right there. Then he made me one the way I like it and did so the rest of the cruise.

I like a good s$x on the beach, which you won't find on the menus. I've never had a problem ordering one at dinner - I haven't tried at the bars, but I'm sure you won't have a problem. Now, you may need to let them know what's in the drink, if it's an odd one (heck, even for the good ol' SOTB, I have to let bartenders know sometimes how to make one, or they have to look it up). Now, if you like your drink made special, like the mai tai mentioned previously, you may have issues - though I never had. I'd just ask the manager to charge me for an amaretto/gran marnier drink, which I'm sure they can.

I love Blueberry teas, and it isn't hard to make; but the costs that they end up charging is crazy.

It consists of brewed tea, grand marnier, and cointreau with cinnamon stick. usually they charge me for tea, shot of grand marnier, and shot of cointreau! usually is a $12 drink.

Tell them how to make it and they will if they have the ingredients. Make sure you are at the bar and not tell a server. I have also had shooters at ervery bar on the princess ships I have been on. Not all Princess ships have skywalkers.

Crickeydog

They used to have bar hopper card that after you visited all of the bars on the ship and had them stamp it you turned it in and got a bar hopper t shirt or hat.

Tell them how to make it and they will if they have the ingredients. Make sure you are at the bar and not tell a server. I have also had shooters at ervery bar on the princess ships I have been on. Not all Princess ships have skywalkers.

Crickeydog

They used to have bar hopper card that after you visited all of the bars on the ship and had them stamp it you turned it in and got a bar hopper t shirt or hat.

I guess it to some extent depends on the staff.... We could not get shooters at the pool bar on the Dawn earlier this month... I don't usually try but we had quite the party ship this past cruise and had a great time..

Thanks everyone for the info.

I will bring lots of extra cash to keep by Bartender happy and hopefully he can keep me happy too!

Now shooters that is something I wont do anymore, I gave up hugging toilets ;)

Try a painkiller if you get an opportunity, and yes the sprinkle of nutmeg makes them oh so gooood.

Archived