Thoughts on 12 day Dawn to Canada

Mysteryfan

I have just arrived from 12 days on the Dawn to New England and Canada. It is a great ship and my girlfriend and I liked it a lot. One thing the ship had some people come down with a virus one week into the cruise. I found though that a different places the water to wash your hands was anywhere from luke warm to downright cold, so that if someone did wash often as I did, without hot water the soap was not able to kill anyone's virus.

I used the disenfectant at every eatery I went to, but saw others completely ignore or use it then go back in lline and start touching the railings or areas of the ship before getting thier plates.

Do other cruise ships cut thier portions into such small servings on the buffet??? The food we found on the buffet was very good, and especially the ability to get fried eggs off the buffet line was great.

I was disappointed in the thin slice of strip of loin beef that they served as beef wellington. It was less than a half inch thick and looked very sad just sitting there. I would think in the main dinning room you would get a decent sized portion for your meal.??

We tried Cagney's and found they had the cooked our meat correctly but it was a bit rubbery as we cut into the meat. I should have complained right away, but I think we both did not want to wait for another steak to be cooked. Others we talked with had excellent steak from Cagney's.

They need to rethink the Salsa resturant with thier TEX-Mex selections as I did not find the menu all that exciting. Also I had the spaghetti with Olive oil, but found it no different than what I cook at home, and I am no cook.

We will book on NCL again, but I thought I would write my and my friends observations on here. Oh I will try to buy a Suite next time as I saw one that our neighbor had and it was great. You also get room service from any resturant.

90 per cent of the crew did a great job. We found a couple or at least I saw some uninterested crew memebers especially one girl in the galleria shop. I will write NCL on the good and bad of the cruise.

Archived