LOS - October 20th sailing review

If the Jamaican authorities are so concerned about drugs being smuggled back on the ship they should do what I have seen in St. Marteen and get drug dogs. In all of our years of cruising we have never experienced anything like that and if your going to do it to one person do it to all.

We just returned from our October 20th sailing on The Liberty of the Seas.

Montego Bay: Bob Marley museum, tour around the island and shopping

What was your opinion of the Bob Marley museum? I realize it is a long ride up to Nine Mile.

Thanks!

What was your opinion of the Bob Marley museum? I realize it is a long ride up to Nine Mile.

Thanks!

The museum is a one room with pictures and other information. We went into a room and watched a movie about him, after the film started many of the people in the theater room got up and left which I thought was VERY RUDE. I thought the documentary on him was interesting.

I don't think that excursion was really worth the $32 pp, but we had some ship board credits to use. We were originally looking at the Sandals excursion, but we could not find out whether food and drinks were included in the excursion price. The RCCL rep at the excursion desk really did not know about many of the excursion questions we had.

I know a couple of people who caught a taxi to Margaritaville and had a great time. We drove by and it looked like there were a lot of shops in that area also.

If the Jamaican authorities are so concerned about drugs being smuggled back on the ship they should do what I have seen in St. Marteen and get drug dogs. In all of our years of cruising we have never experienced anything like that and if your going to do it to one person do it to all.

It's called a random search. We'd still be in Jamaica if they searched everybody. Again its' nothing different than what we deal with going through American airports. People are searched at random. Not everyone is searched going through airport security.

I suspect the people that were searched must fit a certain profile.

Archived