Food on Galaxy - what is free - what is not?

BrightIS

Hello

We are on Galaxy March 7 to 17 out of San Juan. We had actually considered cancelling but we just were able to get 4 First Class air tickets on reward points so the trip is back on.

I know the main meals and room service is included, but what about snacks, cookies, coffee, Pizza, ice cream, special treats etc? I have 2 teenagers and we have a Sky Suite and an inside cabin.

Thanks

What about for non-suite passengers? Is there anything other than the coffee drinks at Cova that are charged for? Are the pastries they serve there free? Is there any pay ice cream place on board like RCI does with Ben & Jerrys?

I guess they recommend a $2 tip if you do the casual dinner, so that might count.

We had a blast on the Galaxy! Ruben sandwiches, pizza, whatever you want and if you want steak for every meal, they'll do that too! I wish we could go on the Galaxy again but it doesn't sail to Alaska next spring.

Thanks Everyone

Indeed Donna, we have decided to take this trip. We are also going to Mexico to an all inclusive for a week in May for my Niece's wedding so we weren't sure about taking this trip too. However, with all my business travel, I decided my family deserves this trip.

Thanks for the info on food. I like the idea that the kids can get ice cream etc anytime.

yes, the Cova coffee is free in the suite. I was thinking more of the two teenagers in the inside cabin and room service.:)

Just a fine point of clarification, as I enjoyed the perks of a Sky Suite for the first time last weekend.

Espressos and capuccinos are free when delivered to the suite, but lattés are not, so if you want a latté, order a pitcher of steamed milk with your espressos or capuccinos. It you need lots of room for extra steamed milk, bring your own mug or order an extra (empty cup) so you have room to "custom blend". In our case, I got large "takeaway" cups on one of my trips to the Cova Cafe, as one of my travelmates wanted a double espresso with lots of room for extra steamed milk.

Also, you only get complimentary espressos and capuccinos if your butler brings them TO your suite. If you go to the Cova Cafe in person, all coffee drinks have a cost attached.

With everything going on in the world today,I can't believe I'm asking this question,but here goes: We are in a CC cabin-are we entitled to free Cova coffees from room service? Thanks,Shelly:o(slightly embarrassed!)

With everything going on in the world today,I can't believe I'm asking this question,but here goes: We are in a CC cabin-are we entitled to free Cova coffees from room service? Thanks,Shelly:o(slightly embarrassed!)

Unfortunately the answer is no - the only people that get free Cova coffee are those in suites who have it delivered by their butler - CC rooms do not get this perk.

Celebrity is great as far as free food that some other mass lines charge for. And their ice cream bar is fantastic - some of the best ice cream along with various toppings and such, hard and soft ice cream, and always a sugar free flavor or two as well. I've even occasionally seen them offering bananas foster next to the ice cream bar, and seen patrons take over a plate of dessert from the nearby buffet line to be topped off with ice cream.

I think the only food that costs extra on Galaxy is Caviar, snacks from the mini-bar in your room, and packaged snacks (like candy) from the shops. I think I've also seen prices on lists for large party sized plates of hors d'oeuvres, but we've always been able to get no-charge cheese plates and other snacks for parties in our room from room service or by asking our room steward to bring something.

Of course, all alcoholic beverages and soda pop are charged for.

Archived