I'd just like some comparisons

teacher2cruiser

My husband and I have only cruised once, and we loved it! We cruised with Royal Caribbean on the Grandeur, and it far exceeded our expectations. We're considering a Princess cruise in January - actually looking at two different ones out of Ft. Lauderdale. Can I have some comparisons between the two cruise lines?

Thanks in advance.

This is one of those open ended questions that will draw opinion for sure... What specifically are you looking for?

Our first cruise was on RC and then we went on Princess for a specific itinerary and loved it. I will try other ships again but I obviously don't have any problems with Princess..

My husband and I have only cruised once, and we loved it! We cruised with Royal Caribbean on the Grandeur, and it far exceeded our expectations. We're considering a Princess cruise in January - actually looking at two different ones out of Ft. Lauderdale. Can I have some comparisons between the two cruise lines?

Thanks in advance.

We've sailed on Princess once and RCL three times and loved them both. I would go on either one anytime. RCL was all Caribbean cruises so they were different than the British Isles cruise on the Grand. I think it depends more on the destination about what kind of cruise experience you will have. I vote for either cruise line. Holland America to Alaska was wonderfull too.

We all know the old story about the 6 blind men and the elephant!

We love RCI and have cruised on her ships many times. However, by and large, Princess is a line we like just a bit better. For similar cruises to similar destinations, we would choose Princess if possible.

Princess is just slightly more elegant, slightly more upscale, slightly more laid back than RCI. They have excellent facilities and infrastructure in most ports and usually do a great job.

If you enjoyed Grandeur of the Seas, I think that you will find Princess ships to be a GREAT cruise!

It has been a few years since we sailed on RCI (last cruise was 14 days through the Panama Canal). And to be fare, we have only sailed on the smaller ships in their fleet. Can't even remember the first one's name it was so long ago, but the last three times have been on the Legend of the Seas. The first two cruises were in the early 2000's and were great, but when we returned a few years ago for the PC cruise after sailing Princess for many years, we couldn't even find a comparison between the two. Princess was for us, but we had to go back to RCI to realize how much we missed Princess.

A few things we missed when sailing on RCI were:

The self service laundry rooms. Even though we are Elite with Princess, there are some things still best done yourself and this was not offered on RCI.

We enjoy the buffets on Princess much more than on RCI.

We find the entertainment better on Princess.

The fresh water pools were missed when sailing on RCI.

We missed the suite amenities that Princess offers that RCI did not.

I am sure there were more, but off hand, my brain is a bit tired this evening and can't think of any more right now.

The only thing I can say that we really enjoyed more on RCI was the diningroom experience. We had some of the best and funniest waiters on our last cruise that I think we have ever had on any sailing, any line. Although Princess is not what I would call 'formal', their waiters do not interact with the passengers as they do on RCI.

Thanks in advance.

Grandeur is an older ship......older than most Princess ships.......many Princess ships are larger........but since you enjoyed the Grandeur.......Princess should meet your expectations also...:)

Obviously.....we like Princess.....we have sailed on many of their ships.

Archived