hampton inn fll airport north

7nucruzers

After much consideration I have cancelled our reservations at the comfort inn (sterling rd and federal hwy) we have reservations at both of these locations because I could not make up my mind. I read some bad reviews on both so decided to go with above ref location. Can anyone tell me anything - good or bad? Is location safe? Are rooms clean? are there any restaurants and or shopping within walking distance? thanks for your help!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for our January cruise. It was very nice. Room were clean and typical hotel rooms. They had free shuttle to/from airport and to/from cruiseport. There also was a free breakfast that was good. The hotel appears to be in a safe neighborhood. We walked across the parking lot to a strip mall type of shopping center and there was an Italian restaurant you can have pizza and other dishes that were good. There was a grocery store and a liquor store in the strip also. There were a couple fast food places but I can't remember what they are. I'm thinking Burger King or Wendy's and maybe a Taco Bell. Don't hold me to it! There may have been another restaurant around there, but the little Italian eatery did just fine considering we were going to be eating very well on the ship!

IF you have any more questions, I'll be glad to help.

Geema - thanks so much for your feedback. I've planned the entire trip for nine of us - cruise, airline arrangements, shuttle to airport here in raleigh, etc. etc. Everything has gone smooth except for finding just the right hotel in fll. I've had reservations at four hotels!! Every time I thought I had it right i'd read something terrible about that property - but this time I feel very comfortable about it. our group is meeting this weekend to discuss more details and i wanted to have everything in place - thanks so much for your input you have put my mind at ease!!!! have a good day!

Glad to hear you switched hotels. We are on the same cruise as you, and had a reservation at the Comfort Inn on Sterling Rd until I read the review on TripAdvisor.com. I'm sure you saw in my other posts that we ended up getting a room through Priceline. You never know how accurate reviews are but those were hard to ignore. Dont want to start the vacation off on a negative. See you on the ship. Christine

robinhoods - i agree! especially since i'm responsible for 8 others - i'd feel awful if the hotel turned out to be really crappy and unsafe - glad you got reservations through priceline - i don't recall if you said which hotel. i've never booked through priceline - my husband doesn't like me to put our credit card info on the internet - he's a little behind times! but anyway, it all worked out for the best!! look forward to possibly meeting you on the ship. where are you from in new york? i was born in long island and lived there until six years old - we moved to NJ until i was 17 and went away to college here in wilson, nc. my family is still in ny (long island and bronx) and my uncle has a place in Hamilton, NY (upstate). see ya on board!!

We are from Poughkeepsie. I lived in Jersey and PA as a kid. This was our first try on Priceline. Might not have been good for a large party such as yours since they only guarantee double occ. Can imagine how anxious you would feel being responsible for booking for so many, but in the end you are doing the best you can and they will be happy you put in the effort.

If you're talking about the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North, the address is 2301 SW 12th Avenue.

If you're talking about the Hampton Inn Miami Airport, the address is 3820 NW 79th Ave. (haven't stayed here, but may book for our Jan. cruise on Radiance of the Seas)

The breakfast consisted of the usual Continental foods, including yogurt, bagels, cereal and a hot dish made with gravy that used to be called *something on a shingle* if you get my drift. It was very good. Also included choice of juices and coffee and tea.

Archived