ArubaLisa - Help

BrooklinNorth

Hi there ,

My SIL and I will be in Aruba Nov 13th on the AOS . We're scheduled for an 8:30 horseback riding excursion. But afterwards we'd like to hit a beautiful Caribbean Beach . The SIL has never been south of Florida.

If you can believe it. :eek:

SIL wants water she can wade into, that is calm and sandy bottomed.

She doesn't swim well. Nor is she a sun lover. :rolleyes:

I'm the total opposite from her though.

I love the water, and to snorkel ( I have my own gear , which I will bring) . And I love the sun. Which beach Palm or Eagle has decent snorkelling from shore ? Or would you recomment somewhere else?

I'm not a huge fan of the refinery at Baby Beach, so that will be my very last resort.

I'm prepared to purchase shade if necessary. We won't be there more than a few hours I'm sure. But I've got to grab 30-45 minutes of snorkelling where ever I can. :p

Thanks so much , Lori

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Aruba and have yet to date find such lovely beaches. Take a taxi or the bus to Eagle Beach across from the La Cabana hotel. It's a public beach with a refreshment hut and chairs (no fee)

The water there is like bath water :) I am jealous just thinking about it.

Enjoy!

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Aruba and have yet to date find such lovely beaches. Take a taxi or the bus to Eagle Beach across from the La Cabana hotel. It's a public beach with a refreshment hut and chairs (no fee)

The water there is like bath water :) I am jealous just thinking about it.

Enjoy!

Thanks royalfan , Is the snorkelling good on Eagle too?

Hi there, My SIL and I will be in Aruba Nov 13th on the AOS . We're scheduled for an 8:30 horseback riding excursion. But afterwards we'd like to hit a beautiful Caribbean Beach . The SIL has never been south of Florida. If you can believe it.
THOSE :eek: are the people you have to really keep an eye on to make sure they do not get sunburned!
SIL wants water she can wade into, that is calm and sandy bottomed. She doesn't swim well. Nor is she a sun lover.
Palm Beach is the perfect location. The water here is like a lake with a white sandy bottom. Eagle Beach as lovely as it is, is not always as dependable on absolute calm. This week in fact there have been waves there. Just a hit or miss thing, but no snorkeling off of Eagle Beach at all.
I'm the total opposite from her though. I love the water, and to snorkel (I have my own gear, which I will bring). And I love the sun. Which beach Palm or Eagle has decent snorkelling from shore? Or would you recomment somewhere else?

I'm not a huge fan of the refinery at Baby Beach, so that will be my very last resort.

My feelings exactly.
I'm prepared to purchase shade if necessary. We won't be there more than a few hours I'm sure. But I've got to grab 30-45 minutes of snorkelling where ever I can. Thanks so much , Lori
There is nothing to see in the waters off of Palm Beach per se. It offers powder white sand beach along with sandy bottom which contributes to those gorgeous blue hues of the water. As far as snorkeling goes, you may see some fish swimming by, but that is just a random thing. :D

There is a spot though between the Westin and Divi Phoenix Resort (south end of Palm Beach) which you can snorkel. The water is very calm there as well. About 150 yards off the beach there is a little jetty like rock island http://www.arubabound.com/photos/plmbch/palai.jpg where you can view fish, octopus, and other critters, etc. There are also rock jetties along both sides of the Phoenix's beach which may offer some glimpses of sea life.

For Palm beach with no snorkeling this is a pretty darn good spot if you just want to do some snorkeling on your own for free. Unfortunately the beach sand here is loaded with tiny coral pieces and rocks so not a great option for SIL althought there is a little bit of free shade http://www.arubabound.com/photos/plmbch/palaf.jpg. in the form of a couple of palapas. No chaises though nor much else real close by, the Westin is a short walk. See the bottom half of the page http://www.arubabound.com/photos/plmbch/palai.jpg for more pictures of this specific area of Palm Beach.

I would tell you to go straight to the Westin if I knew whether or not there were vendors there who rented chaises and umbrellas. Unfortunately I do not. The closest one I know of for a fact is at the southern end of the Radisson's portion of Palm Beach. Here there are vendors who rent chaise lounges, floats, umbrellas and such.

You could be asked to be dropped off at the Radisson and walk through their lobby and out past the swimming pools to their beach or the short cut if you do not care to see all of that beauty, is to to ask to be dropped off at the DePalm Pier.

From there get your SIL set up with a good book under her umbrella and for you it would be a walk of about a quarter mile down past the Westin to the snorkel spot I described.

You are very welcome...the best compromise I could think of with something for each of you.

Please come back and let us know how your day goes.

My nieces are interested in horseback riding in December.

You are very welcome...the best compromise I could think of with something for each of you.

Please come back and let us know how your day goes.

My nieces are interested in horseback riding in December.

Yes I'll report back, and thanks so very very much for help and info.

This time nex week I'll see sailing!:D

~ Lori

Archived