Good news if you need a passport

Hopes4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, now that Uncle Sam is through with the backlog, there is still additional staffing, I would presume, just incase the D of HS decides to change the rules, again....

DW and I got ours in 2005, and waited longer that you all seem to be waiting currently. :p Definitely a few less worries now, it would seem.

As far as I heard, the backlog is now caught up and there should be no delays with your passport any more. That is as long as everything was filled out correctly.

Keep in mind that you can schedule an appointment at your local post office as they do passport applications. Simple schedule a date and time, they will help you fill out the paperwork and forms, even take pictures and will send them in.

If you are really in a hurry, you can send them EXPEDITED... I did that with your teens passport and we had the passports in our hand in less than a week! Unbelievable fast.

So if you still have time to get a passport... go and do it! It'll come in handy in the future as they are good for 10 years...

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Paying for expedited service seems to be a waste of money. Apply for your passport like normal, wait a week and call your Congressman. They have staffers there to expedite constituents' passports for FREE!

I did this for my wife's passport (I never donate money to this Congressman, nor am I a power-player by any means), and received it 4 days later.

It works, because the government doesn't.

Happy Cruising!

Archived