Monarch dining times

Is the first dinner seating always at 5:30? A friend just returned from the 4 day and she said this was the time. She said it made it hard to go to the sailaways because they needed to be getting ready for dinner. She also said it was hard to go to dinner after the 3 pm BBQ out on deck!!!

Yes - I just returned from the 4-day on Monarch, and our early seating was at 5:30. The late seating is at 8:00. I guess you just have to decide which is best for you. Granted...if sailaways are important to you, you might want to have dinner at 8:00. The 3:00 bbq's are more aimed toward those folks eating dinner at 8:00 I would think. Let's face it, they are always offering you opportunities to eat...you can't possibly expect to hit them all! BURP!

We sailed the Monarch a couple of times the past few months. The first sailing we made the mistake of booking the first dinner seating, thinking it would be 6 or 6:30 like every other ship we've sailed. We like to enjoy our port visits, but not when we have to rush back and get showered and ready for a 5:30 dinner. And the fabulous Barbecue takes place on the last day, and who in their right mind wants to miss that fun Barbecue? Well, half the people from our dining table never made it to our last night's dinner (too stuffed from the Barbecue) so we never got to exchange farewells with them. I am also wondering how many people didn't tip their waiters the last nite when they went to the Barbecue and skipped the dining room??!!:rolleyes: I hope not, for the dining staff's sake!

Anyway, the second sailing, we chose Second Seating and were much happier. We took our time getting back to the ship at the end of port days. We were able to stay out on deck and enjoy our Sailaway cocktails :D and enjoy the views sailing out of each port, views we missed the previous sailing. And if our port days tired us out and we wanted a little cat nap between sailaway and dinner, we could certainly take one! My two centavos.:)

We sailed the Monarch a couple of times the past few months. The first sailing we made the mistake of booking the first dinner seating, thinking it would be 6 or 6:30 like every other ship we've sailed. We like to enjoy our port visits, but not when we have to rush back and get showered and ready for a 5:30 dinner. And the fabulous Barbecue takes place on the last day, and who in their right mind wants to miss that fun Barbecue? Well, half the people from our dining table never made it to our last night's dinner (too stuffed from the Barbecue) so we never got to exchange farewells with them. I am also wondering how many people didn't tip their waiters the last nite when they went to the Barbecue and skipped the dining room??!!:rolleyes: I hope not, for the dining staff's sake!

Anyway, the second sailing, we chose Second Seating and were much happier. We took our time getting back to the ship at the end of port days. We were able to stay out on deck and enjoy our Sailaway cocktails :D and enjoy the views sailing out of each port, views we missed the previous sailing. And if our port days tired us out and we wanted a little cat nap between sailaway and dinner, we could certainly take one! My two centavos.:)

I agree with you. We were always getting ready for dinner during sail away. This upcoming cruise in Jan.(Vision) we have the late seating and I am so excited to not have to feel so rushed. Can't wait:D

Archived