One way rental fees

mattR

I could not get enterprise to drop the one way charge. I think this was perhaps because I was using a corporate rate. I did however rent from Hertz, got a great rate and no one way drop charge. I even booked on the internet and it let me do it that way. Enterprise can only be booked one way thru office or operator

I also am renting with enterprise and they are charging only 25.00 drop off fee from lax to the office in Long Beach. I called directly and they also will shuttle you for FREE to the port. They are moving to a new location some time in January according to the girl in LB. Even with the 25.00 fee they are much lower than budget and avis for the same class of car. Just for your info dont know if this applies to your needs but they are open on sundays now from 9-12 the internet says closed but they are NOT closed on Sundays

I just looked into booking a car today. My friend and I are looking into flying into Long Beach but for her, there is no way she can make the morning flight on debarkation day. Next flight out is 5:45PM so we figured we would rent a car and do some sightseeing.

I called Enterprise today because I know they will pick you up. Agent said it would $25 to drop the car off at the airport...and that's in the same city! She said a cab would cost $30-$60 depending on traffic. Anybody know if that's true?

Thanks in advance!

We just returned from sailing Monarch out of San Pedro. We flew in a day early and wanted to do some sight seeing also. We used Enterprise and they do charge a $25 one-way drop off fee. Our rate for a full size car with the $25 drop off charge was around $74. The San Pedro location is across the street from the pier, but you wouldn't want to walk it. They provide a free shuttle to the pier. The only negative thing is that finding a parking space at the San Pedro location is tough, tough, tough! They are in a small shopping center (hair cut place, marine shop, etc...) and parking is very limited.

On the back end of our trip, we used Prime Time shuttle to go from the pier to LAX. There were 4 adults in our party and we booked a private shuttle which was only $4 more than if we took the community first-come, first-served shuttle that has to fill up before they go. It was the way to go for a Friday morning in LA!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived