Nervous about the E. Carib

RocHed11

We are going next sunday- Nov 4th, and there is a bunch of weather going on. I believe it should clear out by sunday but seeing it there now is giving me fits. Plus we are flying in early AM on friday. By the way I don't really like to fly either. I hoping it will scour the skies and leave us with blue skies and calm seas. Thanks for allowing me to vent

T

You should be fine, don't worry!! The weather in the Caribbean is pretty much the same all the time, even if it does storm, it usually passes pretty quickly (unless of course it's a hurricane or tropical storm). The airline won't take you through a major storm, believe me, we went three hours out of our way once, not fun, but not a rough ride, either.

It's OK to 'vent', but don't let the weather bother you!:) All the cruiselines have it all figured out, and know exactly what to do "just in case"!:p I've watched and watched and worried and worried, but all for NOT!:rolleyes: You'll be fine!

Here's a link to the weather you are talking about. Look where it will be on Sunday.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/203533.shtml?5day#contents

This isn't just normal Caribbean weather, it's a tropical storm. The weather from that storm, centered S of Cuba right now, is effecting us in the Central FL area, and has been all day and yesterday. Gusty winds, clouds, and rain. The seas in the areas just off shore from Cape Canaveral are reported to be something like 12-15 high, and more as you go so. With the center of the strorm in the Canadian Maritime Provences on Sunday, I think it's safe to assume that FL and the Caribbean will be clear by Sunday. Hurricane season is about over, but the hurricanes and tropical storms don't have a calendar tacked up on their walls. I hope this is the last one until next year.

Ken

We leave on our cruise on Thursday headed for Nassau. Looks like Noel will be right in our cruise path. I'm thinking about cancelling and just eating the cost since our Trip Insurance doesn't cover our decision not to go because of weather.

Am I worrying for nothing? I don't see how we'll enjoy it sailing through a tropical storm.

We leave on our cruise on Thursday headed for Nassau. Looks like Noel will be right in our cruise path. I'm thinking about cancelling and just eating the cost since our Trip Insurance doesn't cover our decision not to go because of weather.

Am I worrying for nothing? I don't see how we'll enjoy it sailing through a tropical storm.

I don't think they would purposfuly put you in harms way. At least by friday it should be well away from Nassau. Personally I would not eat the ticket.

T

My sister got caught out at sea while a hurricane was traveling through the Caribbean last year. The ship redirected its course and had to skip a port (Labadie, If I recall), had an extra sea day, and a skipped port refund ($50 per cabin). She never saw a drop of rain or any choppy seas. She loved her extra sea day, she was exhausted from too much port hopping and the kids enjoyed the extra time in the pool and in camp.

Don't worry, go on your cruise and enjoy. The ship will stay clear of any bad weather. Just be accepting about what cannot be controlled (losing a port day, missed excursions, etc.) and you will be fine!

Archived