Only Have 6 Hours in Nassau, What Shore Excursion Do You Recommend?

Aloha_Cruisers

I enjoyed very much my visit to Atlantis Resort. It's very nice to just walk around, seeing the yachts, Paradise Island, their Aquariums (a part is free, the other part is 20$ if I remember well but I didn't go, not enough time). I grabed a taxi outside of the terminal (mini-van, shared with other people going to Atantis too, I think it was 8$pp each way, tip included). If you don't have a room at the resort, you are not allowed to use the pools/slides/beach but still, it's a very nice area worth a visit. Then, I went back to the pier area and went (by foot, it's very close by) to the flea market, good place for the unexpensive souvenirs like towels, t-shirts, local art, etc.

Like the title states, we will only have 6 hrs once we pull into port next month on our Carnival Cruise and want to make the most of it. What excursion or places do you recommend?

Depending on your timeline, there's plenty to do. You can pick up a catamaran snorkeling tour on the Flying CLoud (www.flyingcloud.info) or Seahorse, swim with dolphins (www.dolphinencounters.com), pet and feed the stingrays at Blackbeards Cay, Check out the zoo (www.ardastra.com), climb the queens staircase and explore the forts.

Or just chill out on one of our famous beaches. Most hotels offer day passes from $15 - $155. All inclusives like Breezes ($60)

I suggest that you simply go ashore and hire a horse drawn carriage. Ask him to take you to the top of the hill, to the water tower and the old fort. Ride up the elevator and admire the view in all directions, explore the fort, then have the carriage meet you at the bottom of the Queen's staircase. You can walk down.

Then have him give you a quiet guided tour of the city.

The time will be both relaxing and interesting.

• 7 months later...

I saw the horse drawn carriages in Cozumel, what a disgrace. There were even signs showing how poorly kept they were.

Not seen them in the Bahamas yet, hopefully they are looked after a little better.

Archived