Miami resident? Help Please

ykckby

I can't think of a better place to ask this question although it isn't cruise related. My experience with Miami is airport to port (and once getting lost returning a car to the airport) so it is limited at best.

I'm heading to Miami in December for a dog show which is held at "Fair Expo Center - 10901 SW24th Street (Coral Way) - Miami 33165). I will fly into the airport and rent a car. Recommended hotels by the host club have been:

"Kendall Area (15 minutes from show site) AmeriSuites 11520 SE 88th St or Wellesley Inn 11750 Mills Drive"

OR

"Miami Airport area (east and west 30 minutes from show site) Comfort Inn Suites, Holiday Express, Candlewood Suites"

OR

"Miami Doral Area (15 minutes form show site) the Hampton inn o11600 NW 41st"

My question is NOT specific to the hotels but rather the areas...I will be alone with my dog and would like to choose the safest and most comfortable area. I know there are places in Miami I definitely do not want to be. Could anyone help me with a recommendation please?

Thanks very much

kim

Archived