Carnival Luggage Tags

cruisetechie

CCL has replaced the string luggage tags that used to be included as part of the cruise booklet. The booklet I received now has the luggage tags in the front with instructions on how to attach them to your luggage. These tags are identical to what I could have gotten on Edocs and I would not have waited so long. At this point it I don't see any benefit why anyone would want to wait for paper docs....

After speaking with Carnival they said all new cruise tickets being mailed out will no longer include the old tag and that the system is now automated to produce the coupon bag tags....

Oh well... I guess next time I will just go ahead and get an Edoc.

CCL has replaced the string luggage tags that used to be included as part of the cruise booklet. The booklet I received now has the luggage tags in the front with instructions on how to attach them to your luggage. These tags are identical to what I could have gotten on Edocs and I would not have waited so long. At this point it I don't see any benefit why anyone would want to wait for paper docs....

After speaking with Carnival they said all new cruise tickets being mailed out will no longer include the old tag and that the system is now automated to produce the coupon bag tags....

I will have to keep my fingers crossed and wait and see. My docs should be here in another 20 days

I'm sure that some folks would like to keep the string tags as souvenirs but beyond that I can't see that they are any better than the printed ones...

Here's an example of mine AFTER the cruise:

bagtag.jpg

This took all of about three minutes to put together.

I had it attached to my laptop case, should I happen to leave it somewhere before my cabin was ready. Of course, I did...

I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!!!

;)

Yes they are phasing them out check out this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=653374

For my September cruise, I printed the tags out on line. They did not survive, for whatever reason, and my luggage was delivered late. Evidently, it had come off because another one was attached with the cabin number, etc. on it. We leave for the Spirit next week, and plan to laminate these tags.

Marie

Just got the docs for our Holiday December 8th cruise and "no string luggage tags". They are the new kind that are in the document booklet. I am so disappointed.

Now I need to get inventive and figure out a way to make them like the old tags!!!

The cheap way to deal with the flimsy "eDoc style" luggage tags is to laminate them with clear plastic shipping tape.

We have a roll of 3" wide tape (from Staples Office Supply) that worked great. I unrolled a piece of tape about an inch longer than the tag strip, laid it down on the table sticky-side up, then pressed the printed side of the tag strip into the adhesive on the tape. Final step was to fold the overhang at the ends over. After passing the tag through the handle of the bag, attach with staples or tape. That tape is strong! A gorilla would have trouble ripping it. The normal 2.3" wide tape would work as well. The cabin info is in the center of the tape anyway.

If you fly down the day before, wait until you leave the hotel for the port to attach the Carnival tags. No need at giving the airlines a free shot at the tags on the flight down.

YJ you got it . Use clear plastic shipping tape and strong string, fishing line or plastic that comes with ID for luggage, better then the old ones. Won't tear off. We printed a few tags and played with them. Thats the strongest and best way to go.

its a luggage tag. who has time to worry and get mad about that stuff. i cant believe that it is being discussed.

I would hate to see what would happen if they paint the lifeboats a new color or get a new style comforters. People would be throwing themselves overboard.

I don't think people are getting upset over it. The eDocs type tags are new and no where near as robust as the old tags were. The questions are totally valid and folks are offering solutions.

Seems reasonable to me...

its a luggage tag. who has time to worry and get mad about that stuff. i cant believe that it is being discussed. I would hate to see what would happen if they paint the lifeboats a new color or get a new style comforters. People would be throwing themselves overboard.

When the flimsy new version gets ripped from your luggage in the holding area and you don't get your luggage until the end of the cruise, something tells me there will be lots of threads about it! :rolleyes:

Archived