Dining & onboard credit questions

Londonlady

Hi All

Taking an Eastern Med Cruise on Emerald Princess next June. Have a couple of questions that one of you experts are surely able to answer for me.

We have pre booked late seating dining. Are we able to opt for anytime dining on a couple of the nights then return to main restaurant on other nights, or must we always use our table in the main restaurant?

We are going to be taking an amount of dollars in cash with us. Would we be able to pay this into our ship account when boarding, then pay any shortfall on our bill using a card?

Many thanks for any help.

We have pre booked late seating dining. Are we able to opt for anytime dining on a couple of the nights then return to main restaurant on other nights, or must we always use our table in the main restaurant? .

you probaly will be allowed to do this, but you shouldn't. if you want anytime, you should request that. many people want traditional, but because spaces are limited not everyone that wants it gets it.

We are going to be taking an amount of dollars in cash with us. Would we be able to pay this into our ship account when boarding, then pay any shortfall on our bill using a card? .

you can put cash down, but when you run out, they'll want more $ before you can charge more.

Unfortunately you will receive various responses to this question, depending on who's answering. Some people say the maitre d' in the anytime dining room has checked their cruise card, and others say no. It's my understanding that you are supposed to use whatever dining you have been assigned. As I said some people say they used the buffet when they were unable to make their seating and others will say it's allright to change.

Of course most people with personal choice will say it's not ok to change and those with traditional will think it is...

Unfortunately you will receive various responses to this question, depending on who's answering. Some people say the maitre d' in the anytime dining room has checked their cruise card, and others say no. It's my understanding that you are supposed to use whatever dining you have been assigned. As I said some people say they used the buffet when they were unable to make their seating and others will say it's allright to change.

Of course most people with personal choice will say it's not ok to change and those with traditional will think it is...

tried to edit my previous post, but couldn't since the boards were acting up.

should you need to skip your sought-after-but-much-denied traditional dining spot there are alternatives available such as the buffet, room service or specialty restuarants.

i see the boards are mis-behaving again :mad:

Yes, they sure were. I agree with you completely that passengers who are lucky enough to have secured traditional dining stick with it. They wouldn't be happy if someone bumped them from their table, and as you say, there are other dining alternatives available. Some people just want it all...

Yes, they sure were. I agree with you completely that passengers who are lucky enough to have secured traditional dining stick with it. They wouldn't be happy if someone bumped them from their table, and as you say, there are other dining alternatives available. Some people just want it all...

Don't want it all, but do want to know what the general way of doing things is from those in the know. My concern was do we have the option of something else on the couple of days where we have very long excursions and may find it impossible to get ready for "The Restaurant". From some of the helpful replies I see we have the option of the buffet which will do just fine.

Thank you all for the replies.

Don't want it all, but do want to know what the general way of doing things is from those in the know. My concern was do we have the option of something else on the couple of days where we have very long excursions and may find it impossible to get ready for "The Restaurant". From some of the helpful replies I see we have the option of the buffet which will do just fine.

Thank you all for the replies.

There are a number of other dining options on the ship besides the main dining room. The Lido buffet is open 24 hours and is a good option if you return late.

A few have replied to your question about using the Anytime restauant occasionally by stating "some" say you can and "some" say you can't. Well, both are correct.

The rule is you can't, but it totally depends on the Head Waiter at the door to the Anytime dining rooms. Some HWs enforce the rule and some don't. For example, I had Anytime on Grand Princess in April and the HW never asked to see a card. I'm pretty sure he didn't recognize 3,000+ passengers on sight.

Don't fret about it. Be a good citizen and obey the rule. There are lots of options. One or more of those late tours could be an opportunity for you to book a specialty restaurant.:)

We have pre booked late seating dining. Are we able to opt for anytime dining on a couple of the nights then return to main restaurant on other nights, or must we always use our table in the main restaurant? No, if you have Traditional dining, you have the option of going to a specialty restaurant or the buffet but you cannot go to the Anytime dining room(s). It's not fair to those who have opted to do Anytime dining and might be waiting for a table.

We are going to be taking an amount of dollars in cash with us. Would we be able to pay this into our ship account when boarding, then pay any shortfall on our bill using a card?

You can always add $$$ to your onboard account at any time. Then, pay the remainder with your credit card. You can also pre-pay your onboard account by giving yourself a "gift" of an onboard credit.

Archived