Paradise Beach v. Royal Dolphin Swim

jmaze

Anyone have an idea what would be the best use of our day in Cozumel. Both places sound great but I'm sure we can't do both and I do want to do some shopping also. We will be there Thanksgiving week with our 13 yr old son. Thanks for your input.:)

Our 3 kids have been both places more than once. When at home, I have never heard them mention Paradise Beach but on several occasions or if one of their friends is going to Cozumel, it's the dolphin swim. You might ask him as the first time we went our daughter would not get into the water(it’s the first place she wants to go now).

Just got back from Coz, we went to Chankanaub and a friend did the Dolphin swim. The waters were rough so the beaches were closed but they have a pool and a lovely beach. A young man from one of the dive shops came to pass the time with us and he gave us a "personal" tour of the gardens which was great fun! Ask for Manuel if you're interested in diving or snorkeling OR if the beaches are closed! We also went to PB for lunch and had just a little time for shopping in port before we had to get back on the ship. I'm not a shopper so it was ok to limit shopping time and spend more time at the park and PB!

Donna

If your children have never done the dolphin swim, this is something they ought to experience. We love Paradise Beach. Come December, we will have been there 5 times in a 12 month period. But we would do the dolphin swim if our son would do that. Unfortunately, he is a special needs child and is to afraid.

BTW, there are some folks are who doing both. They are arriving at Paradise Beach and enjoying the water toys etc from 9AM-12:30pm and then grabbing a taxi to CP for their dolphin swim 1pm appointment. After that they are shopping in town until 4pm (the ship leaves at 5)

Paradise Beach and CP are very close together.

I love dolphins! Having said that Paradise Beach is one of the top three Beach Clubs in the Caribbean I think (Dominica (1) and St Maarten (3)). There are two choices in Cozumel, Dolphin Discovery :) and Dolphinaris (Atlantida) :mad: . Dolphinaris illeagally :mad: :eek: :mad: imported their dolphins from the Soloman Islands and there was a big bruhaha with the UN over this, do some research before you commit to one or the other please!

Archived