Another Camp Carnival question

awesomemamma

I know that there are a number of activities that are planned throughout the day in Camp Carnival. What happens if I have dropped my child off, and he/she does not want to participate in the planned activity of the moment? Is there something else that they can do, or do they just sit on the sidelines and watch? Thanks!

They are beaten into submission. ;)

Just kidding. How old is your child? My youngest might prefer to play with the doll house instead of doing the craft of the moment and that was ok.

In the older groups, some might be playing on the computer while others are having a dance party.

I also saw some other kids doing board games while some were making pirate swords. They won't force your child to do what they don't want to do. :D

My two youngest (the ones I would be concerned about) are going to be 8 and 9. Neither are very outgoing, and I can imagine them wanting to be "loners" a bit. The older one would be perfectly happy watching everyone else have fun, while the younger one would be perfectly happy if he could do... whatever the group wasn't! :)

My two youngest (the ones I would be concerned about) are going to be 8 and 9. Neither are very outgoing, and I can imagine them wanting to be "loners" a bit. The older one would be perfectly happy watching everyone else have fun, while the younger one would be perfectly happy if he could do... whatever the group wasn't! :)

Yes they will be fine. We had some friends with us last cruise (Sensation) and their children were likes yours. They wanted to be outside the group. They weren't forced to do anything and had choices to do other activities.

Just so you know, the groups are 6-8 and 9-11...so your boys will be divided. Are they prepared for that?

Of course, participation is up to them. Although when they see all the other kids doing it....they usually want to as well!!!

I mean who can live without a t-shirt colored with markers...they are way cool!!!! :D

Ooops sorry, don't know where I got that they were both boys. ;) :D So I can imagine that they would want to be apart. ;)

they get along, but definitely not like they would if both boys! My teenagers are both boys, and I am sure they will think they are the kings of the ship. Thank goodness they are at least semi-well-behaved!

Archived