San Diego wine shopping

whynotnow

We will be flying into San Diego and staying at the Best Western Bayside Inn for 2 nights before our Dawn Princess cruise in January.

Where in that area can we purchase wine? We want to take the wine aboard our cruise.

Also, some years ago I shopped at a store called Tropical Nights Boutique, it was in Pacific Beach. It was a great shop. Does anyone know if it is still there?

Thanks!

You should check out the World Market downtown for some fun, cheap wines. I love that place.

OR you can just do the Rite-Aid across the street! :) Cheap liquor there!

I live about 2 blocks away so let me know if you have any questions! We just got back from the Carnival Elation on Monday- I'm so jealous! San DIego's a breeze to go in/out of the port.

:p Have a great cruise!

Will you have a car? You are not too far from the Trader Joe's in the Liberty Station complex just west of the airport.

Cost Plus World Market in the Gaslamp is also good. You can also try Ralph's supermarket on 1st and Market.

In addition, there are these higher priced options:

The Wine Bank

363 5th Ave # 100

(619) 234-7487

San Diego Wine & Culinary Center

200 Harbor Dr

(619) 231-6400

Bacchus Wine Market

647 G St

(619) 236-0005

Thank you both, Splinter and Lisa for your great responses! Sounds like some great options for wine purchases. I'm going to get a San Diego downtown map so I'll know how to get to the stores you both referenced. We'll be walking and taking the trolley to get around as we are not renting a car.

We don't have Trader Joe's here but I'm very familiar with them from our trips to Phoenix. We do have World Market and between those two places, I'm sure we'll find wines to enjoy, although we may check out the individual wine shops for some different and interesting wines.

We sailed out of San Diego 3 years ago so we're somewhat familiar with the terminal. It is a very easy place to get around; not at all congested like Florida ports. We are looking forward to our time in San Diego and our cruise.

Thank you again.

Archived