Just back from Hilton Hawaiian Village (8 days)

Kcarp

Hi all,

Just back from a great vacation! We did Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor, Dole Plantation, Germaine's Luau and rented a car and drove to the North Shore. We ate at Duke's & Benihana(HHV) but didn't get to fancy on our food choices. Stopped at Giovanni Shrimp Truck, but took a pass after seeing all the flies on everything. We had a great time and if anyone has any questions let me know!

View from our hotel room. (Tapa Tower 3433)

picture097iu6.jpg

Thank you so much for the wonderful pics. I leave for my Hawaiian cruise in 2 weeks and your pics got me even more excited! It will be my first time to Hawaii....I have always wanted to go there. We love to cruise also so we feel like we have the best of both worlds for 15 days! Again...thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks for posting your photos. Just reminds us again of what a magical place Hawaii is. We will be staying at HHV for 2 weeks plus in January and I was wondering if all the construction is completed. I understand the new tower is being worked on but I don't see where anything else is pending on their web page. We were at the Lagoon tower in Jan 07 and the construction noise was a nightmare.

Your photo of the beach where you printed "Hawaii 07" reminded me of one on the north shore where we parked for several hours. We bought fold up chaise loungers from Wal Mart and used them on a narrow beach along the highway. The waves would come up to our feet and the beach was constantly washed by the pure water. It was so relaxing to just watch the water movie.

I assume you had a rental car and wonder if you parked it in the HHV garage. I will have an Alamo car and I'm going to see if I can park it in their garage across the highway at a reduced rate. That $20/day rate is a killer. Do you remember what the cost of gas was? Glad I only have a compact car!

John L.

I was wondering if all the construction is completed. I understand the new tower is being worked on but I don't see where anything else is pending on their web page. We were at the Lagoon tower in Jan 07 and the construction noise was a nightmare.

As of Oct 31. the new tower was not completed and looked like their was some work to be done. Also, you could hear some work noise coming from there, but it didn't bother us. The lagoon is still roped off, but looks really nice.

Your photo of the beach where you printed "Hawaii 07" reminded me of one on the north shore where we parked for several hours. We bought fold up chaise loungers from Wal Mart and used them on a narrow beach along the highway. The waves would come up to our feet and the beach was constantly washed by the pure water. It was so relaxing to just watch the water movie.

Yes, that is Sunset Beach on the North Shore and we had a great time there.

I assume you had a rental car and wonder if you parked it in the HHV garage.

No, we rented for the day and turned the car in at 7pm that night.

Do you remember what the cost of gas was?

$3.04 a gallon was the cheapest we seen.

We were at the HHV the same time as you! We were in the Rainbow tower, which was awesome. We parked our rental car in the garage for the $20/day. It is pretty ridiculous, but the garage was convenient to get to. Valet park is $27/day! They asked if we wanted our bags delivered to the room for $5...i said no way. Gas was around $3.05 or so. The worst we saw was in Hana on Maui for $4.17!!!!

We stayed at the Hilton on the big island and self park was such a hike from our room, I was miffed that I still had to pay $7/day or whatever it was for that!

Archived