Port Call in Le Havre: Mt St Michel and D-day Beaches

wesp

Doubtful that you can visit both in the same day. From LeHavre, the D-Day beaches are closest. There are so many sites to see along the Normandy coast related to the invasion that there would be little time to travel to Mt. St. Michel, which is much further. I would suggest choosing one or the other. Although I would imagine you could drive all the way to Mt. St. Michel just for a photo op, it hardly seems worth it to drive such a long distance for that.

We visited the Normandy beaches and the town of Bayeux in June. I highly recommend the sites in this area. Although we, too, were tempted to visit Mt St Michel, it just wasn't feasible, or even possible, to do it all in a day.

[quote name='wesp']Is it possible to cover Mt. St. Michel and the D-day beaches in the same day? The Mt. St. Michel stop would probably be a "drive by" for the photo opportunity en route to the beaches.

Thanks.

Wesley[/QUOTE]
[color=red]Is it possible to see both in the same day..of course if you want to just drive and not really see either one.Like the other poster said you really should pick one or the other and the D-day beaches would be your best bet re the port. then you can go back on another trip to St.Malo as a port and see MSM.Enjoy your cruise.You can alwyas get a postcard of MSM!!!![/color]

Archived