Herod's Tour

jks9103

Is Herod's website up yet? I tried to access it and it says it is under construction, when you try to go past the main page.

Click on the top main banner of Herod's website for tour:D

• 3 months later...

We took Herod's tour in St Lucia while sailing on the Adventure of the Seas, on June 8. Herod delivered everything as promised, and more!!!:)

Have you ever wondered where cashews come from? Cocoa beans? Want to taste the sweetest banana in your life? Try Herod. We had our group of 8 in our van with Herod and he also had a few others in a van that followed behind us. At every stop, Herod would get out and walk through the attraction with the entire group. We did the land tour, he took us down to Sourfriere, stopped many times on the way down, he didn't serve lunch but had more than enough snacks at various stops to make up for it (fresh bread, bananas, fish cakes, etc).

I would highly recommend Herod! He gave us a fantastic tour for $50 per person.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the AOS on 9/17/08 and very interested in Herod! I just emailed Herod to ask this but was wondering if past guests had any input. How accessible is Herod's tour? Can anyone describe the amount of steps/inclines to the sites and estimate the maximum distance that must be walked at a time to see everything? I know its a vague question but any guidance is helpful! Thanks!

We're on the AOS on 9/17/08 and very interested in Herod! I just emailed Herod to ask this but was wondering if past guests had any input. How accessible is Herod's tour? Can anyone describe the amount of steps/inclines to the sites and estimate the maximum distance that must be walked at a time to see everything? I know its a vague question but any guidance is helpful! Thanks!

KBavs: make sure you sign up for our meet & mingle for the 9/14 sailing!!! :D

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Herod is VERY accomodating and will make sure that you are able to do most everything on the tour. The only place that we went where there was any walking or climbing to speak of was the botanical gardens. It was pretty tame as far as climbing was concerned.

Everything else that we did was right beside the road or was a photo op from the van. We were dropped off right next to the beach and had to walk only a few yards to get to a place to sit.

You will have to climb a couple of steps to get into and out of the van, but Herod is very accomodating and provides any assistance necessary.

I hope this has adressed your concerns.

We did the land and sea safari with Herod on 7/3. It was amazing. I will include the part of my cruise review.

Thursday: St. Lucia, We booked Herod’s Land and Sea Safari. We had to have 10 people in order to do the tour. I posted on our roll call and port of call and we ended up with 2 vans full. This tour is WELL worth the money. We were in the van with Dixon. We toured the country, stopping several times to take pix. Dixon was a wealth of information, and had answers for all the questions. We stopped to get creole bread which was very good. We went to sulfur springs to see the volcano. We stopped at Cold Falls and DH took a dip and then walked in the beautiful gardens. We swam ( and some snorkeled) on a quiet beach between the pitons (the water was very refreshing). We had an amazing buffet of creole food. Near the end of the tour we loaded onto boats and toured the outside of the island including the bat caves. The views were breathtaking. The boats took us right back to the port by the stores with a very short walk back to the ship. Herod and Dixon did an exceptional job with this tour and I will do it again when I get a chance to return to St. Lucia.

KBavs: if you're still thinking about going, email or call him. We're also on the RCL Adventure, in St Lucia on 9/17/08, and want to get a tour group together and I think we'll need some more people to reduce the cost and open up the option of doing a half-land, half-sea tour. :)

Thanks for your help J & G! We're very comfy with the level of activity now.

autoengr: I'm the daughter of ABavs, who has been posting on our sailing's roll call. We signed up for 3 and are ready to go!

Thanks for your help J & G! We're very comfy with the level of activity now.

autoengr: I'm the daughter of ABavs, who has been posting on our sailing's roll call. We signed up for 3 and are ready to go!

You'll have a great time! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

And join our thread!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=684673&page=1

• 4 weeks later...

We took the Land & Sea Tour with Herod on 08.18.08. Our group of 12 rode in a very clean van with Herod, with 2 other vechiles following, for a total group of 26 people. We did a similar tour with the RCCL 2 years, and this was FAR better, not to mention cheaper. We very much liked that he did not stop in front of people hawking their goods, so you were never hounded!

He was very professional, answering any questions and took us to the key sights. I point blank asked via email, if we booked our party of 12 could he alter the tour, as we wanted more than 45 minutes at the beach. The answer was yes, however, since we traveled in a pack of 26, that did not seem to be an option -- then again, I did not press it.

As for the beach, the location is absolutely beautiful, between the Pitons, but the beach itself left something to be desired. Nice to see once in your life and the snorkeling was actually pretty good there, but the sand was not real pretty, and the water was a bit rocky until you got all the way in. None of us really cared for the restaurant, The Still -- it was just not clean enough for us.

We paid for our trip in cash, just before loading onto a speed boat to go back to the ship. Our group of 12 were comfortable in both the van and the boat. Much more than 12 adults and it would be crowded in the boat!

I absolutely recommend Herod, as would everyone in our group. He had lots of beverages, and we all loved the bread he purchased. He was great! Tour with him and you are guaranteed a pleasant experience!

Sorry if I missed this info elsewhere in this thread....

I went to Herod's website and didn't see how long the tour is. We are there only until 3:00, so I'm wondering whether the "land & sea" tour would work for us.

Thanks!

Archived