Has anyone ever used

gr8lakes

Has anyone ever used an Asian hotel booking agency called Agoda? I ran into some rates on it that are extremely low and wondered if anyone had an experience with them? Thanks.

Never heard of them, but from the looks of their website, they are reputable. I just checked for prices at the Furama in DaNang where I stay frequently. The prices are not good for that hotel. I usually pay $200 all in for an ocean front studio suite. Their price is $263.00. Booking directly with the hotel for Dec. 9-12 results in a rate of $169.00 + taxes. Note to self-check hotel website-may be cheaper.

I use AsiaRooms.com all the time in Asia. They seem to have the best deals that I have found and can often put together packages-their Beijing Hotel package-3 nights, executive room facing the "main drag" with small balcony, breakfast everyday (great food) and airport pickup-about $700.00. The hotel rooms by themselves are usually about $250.00 per night.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input. We decided to book in Singapore with them and did get an incredible rate on a Valley Wing room at the Shangri-La. Much less than anyone else quoted. Have the confirmation in hand. Really looking forward to it. Will report back when we return from our February cruise.

hi there, we have a booking with agoda in december for a resort in pattaya, really good deal, in the past I have booked with asiarooms and asiatravel, had no problems at all.:p :D these people can offer a cheaper deal, good luck.

Archived