US Direct Question

kellywhitehills

We did a northbound out of Vancouver on HAL, so I can only speak to that.

We went straight from YVR airport to the check-in line on the ship. It was offered as a HAL transfer and I think it was $40-45 and was totally worth it. It was a very smooth, stress-free, no crowds, no long lines, way to go.

You can only do US Direct if you arrive on the same day you sail. But I see you are from Southern CA as I am, so this will be very doable for you.

Some people are concerned that you check your luggage in your home city and don't see it again till it is delivered to your cabin. It worked fine for us. We had a direct flight from LAX to YVR, so I wasn't too worried. You may want to ask around if anyone hasn't gotten their luggage, but I am not aware of anyone.

However you get to the ship, I think you will love your Alaska cruise!

My knowledge is limited to what we did, sorry. I know that US direct is available through HAL and I think other lines. When you exit the plane, there are people standing there with signs marked "HAL", for example, directing you toward the US Direct waiting area. I wasn't aware that you could book it directly, but I don't know that you can't. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

My knowledge is limited to what we did, sorry. I know that US direct is available through HAL and I think other lines. When you exit the plane, there are people standing there with signs marked "HAL", for example, directing you toward the US Direct waiting area. I wasn't aware that you could book it directly, but I don't know that you can't. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Please dont be sorry....You have been very helpful...When it gets closer to our cruise I will contact the cruise line..:)..Thank you!

Archived