Mercury Sky Suite and 2 Kids

CRUISENAV8R

We are a family of 4 (Boys 11 and 12) and have a Sky Suite for the first time. We have been spoiled by the Aft Family Veranda on the M-Class, but it does not look like the Mercury has a pullman or another bed.

I think the kids are getting a bit old for sharing a bed, has anyone ever asked for a cot, hide-a-bed, or other for a 4th person? The room appears big enough.

Thanks

Jon

We are a family of 4 (Boys 11 and 12) and have a Sky Suite for the first time. We have been spoiled by the Aft Family Veranda on the M-Class, but it does not look like the Mercury has a pullman or another bed.

I think the kids are getting a bit old for sharing a bed, has anyone ever asked for a cot, hide-a-bed, or other for a 4th person? The room appears big enough.

Thanks

Jon

With the sofa sleeper made out into a bed, I dont see another bed fitting anywhere. We had a sky suite on the Galaxy, (sister to Mercury) With the sofa pulled out, you wont be able to get out the sliding door to the balcony without walking ontop of the bed. Maybe you could put a pullman bed infront of the desk, but i swear the room will be wall to wall mattress!:eek: Humm,, would make a big pillow fight mighty fun.....:D

I totally agree with everything ccletzgo said. A sky suite is not big enough to accommodate a cot if the sofabed is open as well. And that sofabed when open will not allow access to the balcony.

I was in Sky Suite 1021 on the Mercury two weekends ago.

Yes, you certainly can access the balcony when the sleeper sofa is pulled out.

When the sleeper sofa is pulled out, there is a chair, a small coffee table and the television (on a stand) at the base of the sleeper sofa/bed. When the chair and coffee table are pushed back against the TV, there is room to get around the sleeper sofa/bed and out to the balcony without any difficulty.

I was on the sleeper sofa, and I am the earliest riser, so I was able to get up every morning and go out on the balcony, without waking my two roommates (leaving the sofa bed fully extended).

The narrowest space is between the base of the twin beds and the side of the sleeper sofa. That space is about 12" wide.

There is about 30-36" between the twin bed and the desk. If the twin beds were made into a queen bed, the extra aisle space would be added to the space in front of the desk, and there might be room for a cot/twin mattress. But you wouldn't want anyone to have to go to the bathroom during the night!

By the way, the sleeper sofa in SS 1021 has a 3" mattress over a metal spring base that is attached to a metal frame. This metal spring base had a significant "wow" in the centre...I can't see two children sleeping on it as they would both slide toward the centre. It would be wide enough for two children if the base were flat...but this one wasn't, and the "sling" design doesn't make me think that many would be flat.

The padding of the mattress by itself was not sufficient for comfort...I had to ask for two egg crates, but then I was just fine. Be sure to ask for two egg crates right away as they are limited.

Well I could have been talking to an uninformed rep, but last year I was debating between a sky sweet and FOV. It was my understanding that a few of the sky suites are laid out differently? so that they can accomodate a cot/roll-away for the 4th person, but not all of them are set up for this. Maybe some one who's stayed 4 per can fill us in.

Even those of us who have stayed in rooms don't know all their features. The Family Veranda I stayed in on the Mer in June had a pull out bed under the day bed. Day bed wasn't so comfortable so maybe th pull out might have been better, but I didn't know it was ther till about 6 weeks after the cruise.

Archived