trip insurance - no exclusions??

terri23

hi guys, we have a med cruise planned for June of '08. made our deposit earlier this year but did not buy insurance at that time. what insurance is available to cover the cruise portion (we don't need air coverage) that doesn't have a pre-exisiting conditions exclusion? when do we need to purchase it? I find the "insuremytrip" offerings to be confusing and so was hoping for some specific advice here.

AAA and American Express are options if they offer this type of coverage (would we need to transfer our booking from RC direct to whoever handles our insurance?).

we purchased it once before (basic coverage through AmEx) but it had the pre-ex conditions exclusions. that was ok at the time, but probably wouldn't work for us now.

can anyone help? thanks :)

CSA covers pre-existing conditions after you book (up to 24 hours within final payment).

Just know that you cannot only cover the cruise. I asked all insurances about that, and you have to cover the whole trip (if you don't and anything happens, you will not be covered).

CSA covers pre-existing conditions after you book (up to 24 hours within final payment).

Just know that you cannot only cover the cruise. I asked all insurances about that, and you have to cover the whole trip (if you don't and anything happens, you will not be covered).

Not all of CSA's policy's do this. The last time I needed this type of coverage CSA only had one or two policy's that covered pre-existing conditions up to 24 hours before final payment rather than a few days after initial deposit. Be certain to read the pre-existing condition clause to make certain you're getting the correct policy.

hi guys, we have a med cruise planned for June of '08. made our deposit earlier this year but did not buy insurance at that time. what insurance is available to cover the cruise portion (we don't need air coverage) that doesn't have a pre-exisiting conditions exclusion? when do we need to purchase it? I find the "insuremytrip" offerings to be confusing and so was hoping for some specific advice here.

AAA and American Express are options if they offer this type of coverage (would we need to transfer our booking from RC direct to whoever handles our insurance?).

we purchased it once before (basic coverage through AmEx) but it had the pre-ex conditions exclusions. that was ok at the time, but probably wouldn't work for us now.

can anyone help? thanks :)

I did Amex.....I already had my booking through them but do not think it mattered just had to be the card holder. The preexisting clause was only 60 days before cruise so that was a great deal. We booked over a year ago a and made final payment months before and the insurance was very reasonable priced. It did not cover trip interruption, but it did cover Dental, air evacuation, and all health issues while on the cruise.

thanks everyone for the help. I will check into your suggestions. We are using miles for the flight so that's why I indicated cruise only coverage was needed, but I guess the insurance coverage will be based on the total value of the trip. glad to hear there are some other options than purchasing the coverage (without the pre-existing conditions exclusions) at the time of booking. :)

Archived