How much time for actual cave-tubing?

2CoolCanucks

I was wondering how long you are actually in the water doing the cave tubing?

And do you go back up again for a second time? or is it a one-time ride?

And are cave-tubing and Major Tom at the same place?

Are there longer shorter tours?

I can't seem to get info about the actual place, length of tubing, how long is the walk through the rain forest in miles, etc.

We used Nacho from NCQ Adventure Tours about 2 weeks ago. He got us to the caves before the busses and other tours were there, so we were able to do 2 caves instead of one. It sounded like it was dependant on how much time there was and how crowded they were as to how many caves you could do. When we did our tour, we were the only ones in both caves and people were just starting to arrive when we were finishing. We went to Jaguar Paw Resort to do the tubing. Our walk was only 20 minutes or so. Not a difficult walk and it was on a wide trail. (I think it depends on the tour guide as to how long the walk is... there are several entrances to the caves). The cave part lasted an hour or so. I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more, let me know and I will try to help you out.

I just got a paste-up from a friend in Belize: "Of course Major Tom and cave-tubing are at the same place; one hour from the dock where Major Tom meets you, to the cave site, 2 hours 30 minutes for the cave tubing experience, add 30 minutes if you take lunch, and one hour back to the dock."

"2CoolCanucks

Cool Cruiser

How much time for actual cave-tubing?

I was wondering how long you are actually in the water doing the cave tubing? (ABOUT ONE HOUR 45 MINUTES)

And do you go back up again for a second time? or is it a one-time ride? (ONE TIME RIDE)

And are cave-tubing and Major Tom at the same place? (YES –MEETS YOU AT THE DOCK WHERE YOU DISEMBARK FROM YOUR TENDER)

Are there longer shorter tours? (NOPE)

I can't seem to get info about the actual place, length of tubing, how long is the walk through the rain forest in miles, etc. (ABOUT 35 minutes, almost a mile on easy pathways)

Adventure of the Seas - 26 FEB 06

Fascination - 18 DEC 06

Grandeur of the Seas - 15 DEC 07"

I hope this helps! :D

You guys rock! :) Thanks for all this information. I may have a few more questions in the days ahead... as we get closer to departure on the 15th of December... Grandeur of the Seas.

BTW, my husband doesn't know what we will be doing on the day trips... I'm planning all of this as a surprize for him for his 55th birthday!

Thanks Again!

If it is any comfort to you--or your husband--I am now 64, and my wife isn't too far behind--so I think it is safe to say that "anything we can do, you can do better!" I even had to go from Swampland, VA to Toronto to get a real education! So I have a lot to thank "Canucks" for already, eh? ;)

We went on our first cruise for our twenty-fifth anniversary--my "surprise" for Sheila--the fact that Sheila had to get a passport sort of put a hole in the surprise, but it was a wonderful cruise--we even had a Renewal of Vows Ceremony on the Zaandam. Very reassuring for an old man!

Best wishes for both of you!

:D That's reassuring!

Some of our friends and family who have never gone on a cruise say to us, "What? You going cruising again?" And it's always nice to have an "occasion " to use as an excuse... untill they go on one and understand why we love it. :)

Thanks again for your help.

Since 2000 we have taken six Caribbean cruises--they ARE habit-forming! Hard to imagine a more restful experience, even with many shore excursions. Five cruises with HAL, one with Princess (with friends). No complaints! Except ALL the coffee is was a LOT better on HAL! (Pre-"Starbucks" on board--no guarantees now, I suppose! ;) )

I prefer the HAL "S-class" ships (medium size, like the Zaandam), but that's just me!--growing old, no doubt! Love every minute!

Happy sailing to all! :D

Archived