Weather in early Jan in Cabo,Maz,PV??

shops54

We will be leaving San Diego on Jan 5th for Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. DH and I don't mind cool but friends like HOT! Is there a link somewhere that could give us average daily temps to these ports as well as to San Diego? DH and I can stay on the ship during the hottest times of the day but friends would really like to be on the beach or on excursions getting their bones warmed up for the long MN winter ahead. Thanks ahead for all your expertise. -Eileen

We will be leaving San Diego on Jan 5th for Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. DH and I don't mind cool but friends like HOT! Is there a link somewhere that could give us average daily temps to these ports as well as to San Diego? DH and I can stay on the ship during the hottest times of the day but friends would really like to be on the beach or on excursions getting their bones warmed up for the long MN winter ahead. Thanks ahead for all your expertise. -Eileen

Weather should be "warm", "warmer", "warmest" for those three ports with Cabo being the coolest at mid 70's to mid 80's. Cabo will have fairly low humidity while Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta will be more humid and thus feel warmer. Cabo will be cool in the early morning as well as early evening. That is important to keep in mind should you do any water activities (like whale watching) in the early morning. A water proof wind breaker is good enough for the chill.

Another important aspect to keep in mind is that "most" of your first "at sea" day as well as your last "at sea" day will be to cold to lay out on deck. If your ship has a covered deck area then you may be ok but I would get a chair early before they are all gone.

San Diego should typically be clear skies and temps anywhere from 60 - 75 degrees during the day. Again, a light jacket should be fine.

Archived