How is the bedding on the Journey?

lovelyladi

I have been on Princess and Renaissance and the beds were so hard we needed to have egg crate pads placed on them. I thought that Azamera had upgraded the bedding (as most 1st class hotels have). Now reading a report from the quest I see a complaint about hard beds.

What is the story here? We are on a 12 day Journey trip on Dec 11. Do I need to pre order extra apdding

Rochelle

Hi Everyone !

I thought the beds on Quest were wonderful, and I had some of my best sleep in a very long time. I didnt find the beds to be hard at all. Of course, this is a very subjective topic. Just my .02 cents :)

What I liked about the beds on the Quest was you couldn't tell it was two beds pushed together. I actually took the bedding down to the mattress to confirm that it was two beds. They have a very thick mattress pad and you cannot feel where the two mattresses touch. They also stayed together. I did not check to see if possibly they were attached. I do think maybe they were hard because I like a hard bed and I slept great. Maybe solid is a better word than hard. They do have a pillow top on the mattress.

Ok...my concept of a great bed is the type you get at a Westin Hotel (or most starwood products)....are these in that catagory? We are on the journey not the quest.

I will go anyway but I love a cozy bed and duvet with lots of pillows

Rochelle (again)

Second that - we thought the beds were super comfy. Not too hard, not too soft. High thread count sheets, a down duvet and lots of pillows made it great. I don't know how the poster who complained of hard beds likes his bed, but I like it pretty soft and it was good for me.

Hi Rochelle,

My husband and I are also cruising on the Azamara Journey in December. I just found this sight and your question. Have you learned anything else about the ship. We are from the Chicago area.

Another Rochelle

I stick with my original comment. These mattresses do not resemble the ones at Westin hotels. I had no complaints about the Azamara mattresses; even complimented them. Yes, they have deluxe bedding and lots of pillows, but the mattresses are not like the ones at the Westins.

I agree that the bedding is pretty good - if anything it may be a bit too soft. My fiance's mattress had a 'dent' in the middle, and he had trouble sleeping. I asked to have the mattress replaced, and that helped. Later on asked to have mattress pads added (which are available if you need softer bedding). There is a choice on pillows (feather vs foam) and you can get extras (I needed 4 for myself for medical reasons), plus the giant decorative pillow.

nlvc

We regularly stay at Westins and W hotels and thought the bed we had on the Journey was on par with those. Mattress, sheets, comforter were all top quality. We did have an issue with the A/C which made things a little toasty with the duvet, but once we got the place cooled down, it was perfect. Far and away better than anything we've had on a cruise ship before.

Archived