Obstructed View - Carnival Victory?

owrp

I am a first time cruiser, trying to gather information to put together a summer 2008 cruise on the Carnival Victory. How do you know if a cabin has an obstructed view? I see on the website it says certain room numbers that have obstructed views, but that just seems to be the cabins across the front of the ship. I thought that the lifeboats also obstruct views. How do you know what rooms are affected by that?

Another question: The Empress deck looks like the place I'd like to be (having decks with rooms above and below), but how is the Riviera deck? What is below that deck? Is there noise associated with the anchor or other things?

Thanks for your help.

The only obstructed cabins on the Victory are the cat 6's located across the front of the ship.

The lifeboats are recessed in so they are not in the way of any window or balcony.

The higher you go the more you pay.

The Riveria is the cheapest deck for inside and oceanview cabins.

all insides are cat 4

oceanviews are cat 6

Balconies are cat 8

Balconies start on Upper deck with inside cabins

Oceanviews are only on the Riveria and the Main Deck.

Riveria deck is very quiet.

Under the Riveria deck are Crew Quarters, the medical facility and the deck where youget off at the various ports. You are not in close contact with the waters.. nor is it under water at any time.

Try to stay as close to the aft elevator as possible. This elevator takes you the quickest to the pools and food at the buffet with the least amount of walking.

deck 5 will take you to the front of the ship

You will get noise from an anchor from the front only.

You want to avoid a cabin under the galley or under the lido deck where the pools are located so not to hear scraping of chairs

We have done 6B- obstructed view on the Liberty and Valor. Room 7202, Empress deck, at the very front of the room. We love it. Go out the door and turn right or left and there is a door, to a large public balcony that hardly anyone is on! It is quiet and we love the window! The balcony is not made of plexiglass so you can not see thru it, but the wall comes about 4 feet tall, plenty of view to see all the islands as you are docking and to check out the starts at night. Above you is the bridge, so very quiet, and the crew's area is two decks below. I guarantee you will love it!

I loved the Riveria deck. I was on the ship this past Sept. I'm going on the same cruise to Canada in 9/08. I would have chosen the Riveria deck again, but I'm in a 1A and the cabin I wanted (with a porthole) is on the main deck.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on Lido Deck Cabin #9202 & # 1004 on Panorama on the Victory. Does anyone know anything about these rooms? I see there is a stair well next to my room 9202. It actually looks larger than the others. I hope we like this location.

those stairs you see are for crew members heading to the bridge.

You have an obstructed view- your window overlooks a passenger deck. You can get out your room and out the door you will be outside. Not many people know about the access to the front of the ship.

I'm hoping we like this location. I guess when I think of ocean view I think of immediate view of the ocean. Also, do you think we will feel a lot of movement being at the front of the ship?

how bad can it be-- you're not workig or cooking or cleaning.

we had friends in 720 on the Liberty- one night the waters were rough and it was like being rocked. The rest of the week it was feeling nothing.

It will be a long walk to the food and buffet but other then that they enjoyed their location.

Since i started looking for a land vacation I learned a lot about oceanviews.

On cruiseships a oceanview means just a window. in hotels a "delux premium is what you get to look at a piece of water of the ocean although that view can be hampered by trees etc.

when are you sailing? did you pick this location or did you get it by a guaranteed booking?

Archived