Amtrak 9:30 a.m.out of Ft.Lauderdale

RCByrd

I don't think this would be any different than trying to book a flight out at 9:30, even with self disembarkation, it would be cutting it way too close for comfort. Stay another day and enjoy the beauitful weather, it is better than getting all stressed out the final day trying to get off the ship and get a taxi. If anything at all holds the ship up, you will never come close to making any type of transportation that early.

Thanks for your input. Even with priority disembarkation, I realize that this may be impossible!

The ship could be late getting back into port due to an incident, fog, etc. CBP may not clear the ship at the usual time. Traffic problems on the road to the train station.

We will be self disembarking from Coral Princess on a weekday. Has anyone made this train or advise me if I need to book the next day's departure. Thanks for any advice.

That would be difficult - I wouldn't do it...of course we self disembarked twice (last two times) and have been home twice (an hour and a half north of Lauderdale) by 9:30 am - I just think you are taking a chance, too many what ifs.

Okay so I work with the OP, yes, I really do! Even as I write he is standing here.:) We've discussed this several times.. He's a savvy cruiser who knows the risks but I told him if he's a gambler to try it..

... sooooooo if anyone's gonna catch any flak over this "advice"

...::ducking:: ::OUCH!!!!:::eek: :o

::thinking I need to know for sure his return date so I can come down with a severe case of the "what were you thinking's" and maybe even a stomach virus on his "supposed" return date???:confused: ::

Archived