Passenger Fuel Surcharge Announced...

prescottbob

and that's my gripe..I agree with you 1000%... they should have at least 'grandfathered in' all those who already booked cruises ..

I just called HAL after reading about it... we're booked for the Maasdam's 1/25 and 2/9 cruises thru the Canal and back...would have gotten us to over 300 days with HAL...they had no idea what to do or what was going on.. looks like we're gonna cancel both trips... the HAL rep.. after a number of 'put me on holds' said we could cancel both ..no penalty as the news release states.. however since we booked thru a travel agent have to go that route .. no one knows what's up in Seattle.. I hate dealing with them over the years.. and it still continues..

nothing was mentioned on our last cruise this past week on the Maasdam.. got off the ship this past Friday 11/9... sneaky

yet more garbage from Carnival... they can ruin anything.. and do

as for the 'As You Wish' dining... that's another story... arrrrrgghhh:mad:

Wld love to read your 'take' on the 'As U Wish Dining'...!

Happy cruisin'!

and that's my gripe..I agree with you 1000%... they should have at least 'grandfathered in' all those who already booked cruises ..

I just called HAL after reading about it... we're booked for the Maasdam's 1/25 and 2/9 cruises thru the Canal and back...would have gotten us to over 300 days with HAL...they had no idea what to do or what was going on.. looks like we're gonna cancel both trips... the HAL rep.. after a number of 'put me on holds' said we could cancel both ..no penalty as the news release states.. however since we booked thru a travel agent have to go that route .. no one knows what's up in Seattle.. I hate dealing with them over the years.. and it still continues..

nothing was mentioned on our last cruise this past week on the Maasdam.. got off the ship this past Friday 11/9... sneaky

yet more garbage from Carnival... they can ruin anything.. and do

as for the 'As You Wish' dining... that's another story... arrrrrgghhh:mad:

Hmm... since the January 25th departure is before the effective date of the price hike (February 1st), shouldn't you be exempt...if not from both legs, at least the one departing before February 1st?

;) The Pot is being stirred, on the Oceania Board..They've just announced their fuel surcharge for sailings through April 2009..

"Miami, FL, November 12, 2007 - As a result of the rapidly escalating price of fuel, Oceania Cruises is implementing a fuel surcharge of $7 per guest per day for all reservations that are not paid in full by December 1, 2007. The surcharge applies to all currently published sailings through April 2009.

"At the time that we set our current pricing, oil was trading at approximately $60 per barrel and it is now quickly approaching $100 per barrel. This is the first time we have implemented a surcharge and I hope our guests will understand the root cause of this necessary action,” stated Bob Binder, President of Oceania Cruises."

Our local gas station today was changing $3.17 a gal..

Happy cruising all..;) Betty

The Pot is being stirred, on the Oceania Board..They've just announced their fuel surcharge for sailings through April 2009..

"Miami, FL, November 12, 2007 - As a result of the rapidly escalating price of fuel, Oceania Cruises is implementing a fuel surcharge of $7 per guest per day for all reservations that are not paid in full by December 1, 2007. The surcharge applies to all currently published sailings through April 2009.

Happy cruising all..;) Betty

Betty, I just picked this up, relative to Oceania:

The fuel supplement of $7 per guest per day is effective on December 1, 2007 for all new reservations and existing reservations that have not applied final payment. Guests choosing to pay in full prior to December 1, 2007 will be exempt from this surcharge.

There is no mention of a cap.

Regent recently increased their fuel sur charge to $7.00 p/p per day. Given majority ownership of Oceania, Regent and NCL is the same, it seems reasonable to assume NCL might soon make a similar announcement.

Archived