Menu Question

PittsburghJack

I realize this is a politically incorrect question, but I occasionally enjoy a cigar and cognac post dinner (outside, away from people, children, small animals, blooming flowers, butterflys, etc.);) so: can anyone enlighten me in regard to the cigar menu available on the Legend? Jack

Jack,

I'm not sure if the Maitre'D passes cigars after dinner anymore (he use to on the Pride) I know the cigar smokers gather up in the Sky Bar for smoking, cognac and fellowship after dinner~~around 10 p.m. Men/women bring their own, I think. It was held in the Constellation Lounge for many years, but now only on deck.

The "cigar event" is a fun place to be after dinner ~~~

Enjoy!

Martita

I realize this is a politically incorrect question, but I occasionally enjoy a cigar and cognac post dinner (outside, away from people, children, small animals, blooming flowers, butterflys, etc.);) so: can anyone enlighten me in regard to the cigar menu available on the Legend? Jack

No problem--the cigar smoking group assembles at the Sky Bar post dinner for a little evening enjoyment! Also a good place(The Sky Bar) for a early morning cigar during "early bird" breakfast(coffee and small buffet) which is served in the Deck 8 lounge. Bring your own cigars--if they do have any on board--the price is not right! If you are sailing the Caribbean, you can get good deals on Cuban cigars in almost any port. Don

There is an extremely limited inventory on board; basically one or two choices. You will see the display in the Observation Lounge (actual name being ship dependent) reminding you of the "old days", but alas the boxes are empty.

The bartender at the Sky Bar will let you know what is available. I do, however, agree that BYOC is the way to go.

Per the seabourn.com website FAQ, it's only a "part" of the SkyBar :rolleyes:

In addition, we ask that guests refrain from smoking pipes and cigars anywhere inside the ship, including in guest suites. After dinner, an area of the Sky Bar is set aside for this pastime.

This summer when I joined my West Texas friends on the Carnival Ecstasy (Galveston) cruise, Captain Pier Scala hosted his "famous" cigar smoking party around their Sky Bar ~~ many Officer's came. The Captain's darlin' wife, Chloe, (the Hotel Director)was there and many Guests too ~~it was such fun and such an informal way for the Captain and Chloe to mix and mingle, visit with his Guests.

I've been to several Seabourn Pride "cigar/cognac parties" in the evenings and usually all the bar stools are taken ~~now, on the Pride, we have comfortable teak tables for four~~with cushions!

It's THE place to be, after hours!

Have fun!

Martita B.

post script: yes, the ship's gossip is

the topic of conversation! he he

Don't know why my previous post didn't show on the main board.

Yes, Pittsburgh..............Iron City beer, a kielbassa sandwich with a side of pierogies and a "chipped ham" sandwich for dessert. Wonderful cuisine. Sure hope the Legend chef is familiar with "Nouvelle Sa Side".:D Jack

And speaking of fuggedaboudit....................was in my cigar store today and saw a Soprano's issue, 62 ring gauge 7 1/2 inch that sells for $20. My cigar merchant said they're over rated and you're paying for the band name. I believe him at that price. I believe they're Honduran.

Had a small sniffter of R. Martin VSOP with a Punch Puro at our club this evening. Get me a casket 'cause I've died and gone to heaven.:D Jack

Me too Jack, I am partial to a Partagas D4 or a Monte No.2 (torpedo) and I try never to smoke infront of anyone if I can help it.... I always go through the lounge to the front deck during the day, I am the only person there! I think the captain came out and said "mmmm ill come and join you!" and we stood and chatted, it was great.

I am going to stock up in the Caribbean, because I have to come into the USA before the cruise, therefore I am not going up upset any customs official/immigration official by bringing mine with me!

James.

Partagas is a good cigar but I'm unfamiliar with the Monte. Like I stated, I too smoke outside away from people, small children, animals, butterflys and blooming flowers.

As our cruise is not for a few more months, I'm entertaining the idea of a cigar party for the officers and crew that do smoke.

On any cruise line, those people below deck do a marvelous job and I feel they're under appreciated at times.

As for customs, I bring my own and smile alot. Tomorrow, I'm off to "Cigar Camp" in Pittsburgh. Here is the website if you're interested:

www.bloomcigar.com Jack

PS It's my turn to provide the spirits tomorrow:eek:

Archived