When do you think bookings will begin for Genesis?

[quote name='Cassandra']I too have turned the Internet upside down trying to find info about Genesis. Royal is keeping a tight lip on it.

You can't even find photo's of it at the website of the shipyard.[/quote]
That could be because the keel laying has yet to take place. It is scheduled for next month. I have seen a few pictures of blocks of the ship but it is practically impossible to glean any useful information from them. Patience, all will be revealed eventually.:D

[quote name='intothevoid']I know, I know!!! It's still so far away............ but man I am just to excited about Genesis!!!!!

I am assuming that may in January or February bookings will commence........ anyone thinks this sounds right? The second bookings are available I want to jump on a GS.

I have been looking around for any info I can find on Genesis, so far the one thing I do know is that this will be one BIIIIIIIIIG ship.:D[/QUOTE]
That ship is going to be HUGE. I would wait to see if it floats first before book, and how it holds up at sea.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Enchantment 04']Those two things, along with promenade-facing balconies, are the three things I want the most!![/quote]
I just want my GS and I will be happy. :p

Hey, I see your from Long Island...... Me too!!! I live in Lindenhurst. How about you?

[quote name='HeavySurf']There are a couple threads with links to a Sun-Sentinel article about this very matter. Just check down the threads here or on a page or two back and you will find the threads.[/quote]
Thanks!!! I will hunt for it now.

Not sure how accurate this info is, however, at our M&M on FOS in August, the Asst. to the CD who hosted indicated that there might be a "zip line" on the top deck of Genesis. Has anyone else heard this????

WOW!!! Can you imagine the breathtaking view as you zip from one end of the ship to the other. Liability might be a real issue though.

I have not been able to confirm any of this but we were also told about the Central Park area which seems to be confirmed as a new feature on Genesis.

Not sure if it was just "wild speculation" or "hype" to give us something to talk about on the boards.

[quote name='intothevoid']Are you serious? Can you supply a link to this information? Thanks!![/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do;jsessionid=0000Rd8yAp2eYZu6uaY06TeWHla:12hdhu6tq?prDate=12-04-2007&prCode=A[/url]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We're in! A bunch of us are going to book the inaug no matter what the cost!! We have a fund started in our milk jug right now.:D I questioned Ken on Liberty about it in September and he said October. We'll see, we have our agent looking to get in on the first information. See you onboard![/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='chessbriar']Let's look at it this way. Booking for the Solstice set to Debut December 2008 began June of 2007. So that's a year and a half before the debut.

Based on that, Genesis is due to come out August 2010, so I'd guess right about the Feb-April 2009. Sorry, you still have a while to wait.[/quote]

It's sailing '09 not '10. We are planning on booking her on our April Voyager cruise for the OBC if she's available by then.

Archived