online check-in / setsail pass / cc currency conversion

38anchor

I have just comleted the online check-in for my FOS Christmas cruise :D

Now when it came to the time of asking how I wanted to 'pay' I got the following 3 options:

I would like to pay for my Onboard Expenses with a credit card. I would like to pay for my Onboard Expenses with cash. I will not be setting up an Onboard Expense Account.

Now I opted for the pay with credit card BUT I was expecting somewhere another option asking how I would like the currency conversion to be dealt with. As we are from the UK we get a very favourable rate with our credit card and I wanted to choose that rather than RCI conversion.

Now this option never came up (even though I have read about it on here countless times), so I was wondering:

- Have I missed it somewhere (even though it says my check-in is now complete and I can print)

- can I sort this out when I board - do I have to see the pursar and if so, is this straight away or can I do it before I disembark?

Have you printed out your Sea Pass paper [with the bar code at the top]. On here you will get the option to [a] convert using RCIs rate of exchange or leave it up to your Credit Card to convert at their rate of exchange. I summarise but that is the general gist of things. This is where you make your selection and I suggest highlighting it in a bold highligher pen and putting asterisks round your selection as sometimes it does get overlooked.....;)

Archived