Scuba in Aruba

We are on the Island Princess and in Aruba Sunday Dec 2 noon to 7 pm. Saw lots of good reviews for DiveAruba but they are closed on Sundays. My DH really wants to go diving there and has tentatively booked an excursion from the ship. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me...any other good dive shops?:confused:

We dove with Red Sail in Aruba and had a great experience. Their office is just outside the cruise ship terminal. They picked us up there and provided transportation back there after our two tank dive.

Reservations were easy to make and they responded promptly to my initial email inquiry. The dive operation itself was first class in every regard. The boat was not crowded, the dive personnel were friendly and professional. Safety and good diving practices were in place on all dives.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.redsailaruba.com/ar_divepackages.html

Hope this is helpful.

Personally, I would not dive with redsail. They are the contract operator for Royal Caribbean, Princess Cruises, and Celebrity Cruises and as such you wouldn't be able to book directly with them anyway. They use Large boats and potentially take large groups of divers, yuck IMO.

Keep looking for a smaller operator.

Personally, I would not dive with redsail. They are the contract operator for Royal Caribbean, Princess Cruises, and Celebrity Cruises and as such you wouldn't be able to book directly with them anyway. They use Large boats and potentially take large groups of divers, yuck IMO.

Keep looking for a smaller operator.

Wholeheartedly agree with every word. Have dove Aruba about 50 times and no more large operators for us.

Aruba PADI Dive Facilities

Red Sail Sports Aruba and Unique Sports of Aruba are the two largest operators. Unique owns Pelican Watersports.

We used Aruba Watersports for a Discover Scuba dive for my 10 year dd. The story of her first dive experience is here.

For our next dives we will consider JADS Dive Center and S.E. Aruba.

Addtional info on JADS and Unique:

Aruba Trip Report - October 2007

Aruba Trip Report Oct. LONG Not just Diving

Archived