Day room in Buenos Aires

lovelyladi

The Azamara Journey disembarks at 8:00 AM on Dec 23 in Buenos Aires and our flight (15 hours) begins at 10:45 at night on American Airlines. It has been suggested that we take a day room at a hotel in order to begin the exhausting journey home fresh and rested.

Any suggestions as to hotels, transfers etc? Anyone do this b4?

Rochelle

When I went to Buenos Aires, I stayed in hostels as I am still quite young. Hostels can be pretty nice and very cheap if you are just going to pay for a day and a bed. Otherwise, I would try and find a hotel near your next departure or go to the Bellavista district, which is a nice central location with some posh areas and hotels/hostels to stay at.

• 2 weeks later...

The Hilton Hotel is nice, but it is just a little bit out of the way. It is located in the area known as Puerto Madero, which is actually really very nice. Puerto Madero is where you find all of the restored dock yards filled with many many restaurants, and it is a great place to walk and to eat. However, from the Hilton, if you want to go anywhere else from the Hilton besides Puerto Madero, you'll probably have to go by taxi, But is excellent hotel

I'm kind of looking for the opposite arrangement. We're landing in Buenos Aires at like 0500 on embark day and I'm wanting to do something worthwhile while we're waiting on a decent time to hit the pier. I'm open for any suggestions. We are very experienced cruisers, enough that we know that when we go to a port, we are not familiar with, that our sisters and brothers out in cruiserland are our best advisors.

Thanks for any experience in BA!!! Have great cruises ya'll!!

It might be worth checking with either the cruiseline or TA (whichever you booked with) and get transfers from them... last year the day use of the hotel was included in the transfer to and from the pier - so it might be a cheaper option or at least easier as they keep your luggage during the waiting period so you don't have to worry about it...

Just an idea maybe worth looking into!

MC

It might be worth checking with either the cruiseline or TA (whichever you booked with) and get transfers from them... last year the day use of the hotel was included in the transfer to and from the pier - so it might be a cheaper option or at least easier as they keep your luggage during the waiting period so you don't have to worry about it...

Just an idea maybe worth looking into!

MC

Merci Beaucoup, Marie Claude. Very nice suggestions. We are currently thinking of taking an excursion, off of ths ship, which will bring our luggage with us and a driver to protect our luggage, and then go to the hotel after the cruise. On our pre-cruise day, another friend has offered to meet us at their hotel and keep our luggage. How nice is that?? Is this online family not great? Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Merci et Au Revoir,

Kyle

Salut Kyle:

We did just that last year but on the last day of the cruise from Valparaiso. Flight was at 9pm. Took all-day tour to Santiago with a vineyard visit (Concha Y Toro). Tour left at 9am, arrived at the airport at 7pm. We had lunch included and at the end of the day, around 5h30, we stopped at the Hyatt where some people were dropped off, and were we could clean up and rest for a while before heading to the airport.

On arrival in BA, we had a 3 day pre-cruise. But the hotel was set-up with many rooms with games, food, etc. for people coming in early. Those that just wanted to drop their bags and start exploring could do so and came later to check-in, and some opted to spend time at the hotel to relax before getting into their rooms!!

Do not hesitate to ask questions!!

MC

Archived