Frontier Airlines

CBowling

Anyone had any experience with Frontier Air? The prices are right but I have heard rumors of lots of delays, etc. I am not a good "flyer", and am hesitate to fly an unknown for such a long flight.

If you do a search for "Frontier Airlines" both in the Alaska forum and in the Cruise Air one, you will find very positive remarks. I would take them hands down over the "legacy" carriers like American, United, Delta, Northwest, etc. Very good service and well run airline. They are certainly not an unknown airline - just unknown to you.

Probably the main reason they might have more delays than some airlines is that their hub is Denver - can experience delays especially in winter with snow. Remember a year or two the major snowstorm right before Christmas? It affected Frontier and United most.

I would not hesitate for a minute to book them again. And I fly a lot.

John

We flew Frontier for the first time this past Sept. from Baton Rouge to Anchorage and were very pleased with the aircraft and service. The flight attendants were unlike any we've ever had. They had the passengers doing the "wave" before we even took off. Thoughout the flight they entertained us with jokes, songs, trivia questions and even held this little "gambling" game. Anyone interested in playing, wrote their seat number on a dollar bill. They collected the money in a bag and had a little girl in the front pull out a bill. Whoever's seat number was pulled won the pot.....all $92.00 ! Their slogan is "A Whole Different Animal" and their planes sport various animal pictures on their wings. Being this was our first flight with them I began to wonder if this sort of behavior was standard for Frontier...ya know, to be a little different than the rest. We found out on our flight back it wasn't. Good thing, because it would get old if it were to happen on all flights, but it sure added to the fun and excitement of our traveling to Alaska. I give Frontier a thumbs up!

Trudy

We had our first flight with Frontier on our return from AK, and they are now definitely my FIRST choice in an airline. It has been MANY years since I've seen airline employees who all acted like they LOVED their jobs!

We have looked at Frontier many times for our trips to California but have been scared off by the tight connection times. For those that have flown Frontier (WITH CONNECTIONS), can you tell me how they manage to make the tight connections (sometimes only a half hour between flights)? Is it because they have a limited amount of planes and gates at airports??????

If I were flying non-stop I wouldn't be concerned; however, we have to make connections. Just curious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived