? Comfort Suites or Atlantis Beach Tower???

pitmindi

Hi, will someone please advise me which reservation I should keep. I will be in Paradise Island on December 11th from 8:00-midnight on RC Majesty. I want to go to Atlantis. I will be with my 70 YO mom, who has bad knees. She likes to walk but is VERY slow, since, well, her knees hurt. (osteoarthritis - bone on bone) I booked both the Comfort Suites Significant Organizations Savings rate for $140.00 (incl tax) and the Atlantis Beach Tower for $219.00(incl tax). I need to cancel one reservation, and would like to save the $80.00, but wonder how far is the Comfort Suites from the Atlantis lazy river/pool/beach and digs area. How much more convenient would it be to simply stay at the Atlantis? I don't want to ask my mom, since she would feel guilty about me spending the extra money for the Atlantis, and she would never complain about walking from the comfort Suites, but I don't want to schedule something that would be too demanding for her physical condition. Can someone who has been there please advise me. Thank You.

There's a LOT of walking at Atlantis. Normally I would say save the $80 and book the CS since it's not much more than a 5 minute walk (at normal pace) to Atlantis but considering you're traveling with your 70 yr old mother who has knee problems I would recommend booking Atlantis.

Is she really anxious to see Atlantis? Based on what you've described I would seriously reconsider for her sake unless she has her heart set on it.

Keep the Comfort Inn reservation. Save your $80.

Most likely the Atlantis is not going to have your room ready until 2-3pm anyway, and your 70 year old mom is not going to stay out till midnight either.

So 'check in' at the comfort, and then pay a cab for the ride that is less than a mile. Pay $10, and you are still ahead $70! (I would tell the cab driver "I will give you $10 to take us to the front door of Atlantis"...He will be very glad to take you). Even if you go back and forth to hotel to beach a few times, you can do the trip 8 times before it is a loss.

However, Jeanne makes sense too. Atlantis is All about Walking...Lots of it. From the hotel lobby to beach is a good 1/2 mile, maybe more. The aquarium is a good 20 minute walk to see it all. And then you have everything along the way. Can you put mom in a wheelchair, or a scooter?

Archived