Worth packing extra shoes?

LindaKE

Ladies, What's your opinion? Is it worth packing an extra formal if it requires packing an extra pair of shoes that will match that formal and nothing else?

Go for it Linda.. My wife takes a different outfit for every formal night.. Dress, shoes, jewelry, eyeglasses and handbag... Oh, I forgot, make-up.. Have a blast Linda, it's your cruise and how many times a year do you get to go?? Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, have the best cruise you could imagine... Bombero

ABSOLUTELY! Pack the extra formal outfit and pack the shoes and take lots of pictures in all your outfits. As stated above, some shoes take up virtually no extra room and add very little weight. One of my favorite pair is like a pair of mule slippers but the front is covered with black and silver sequins. These make a fairly simple black dress with silver jewelry into something appropriate for formal night.

Have a great cruise.

If the extra outfit and shoes don't require to take an extra suitcase or bag, I say go for it but if you need to add a suitcase then I personnaly don't think it is worth it, just try to find an outfit that will match the shoes you're already taking with you for the cruise.

If the extra formal requires ONLY extra shoes, and nothing else, then go for it.

OTOH, if the extra formal ALSO requires extra jewelry, underwear, makeup, a shawl or wrap, then I'd rethink it.

I'm a very light packer and my cruise/vacation experience has never suffered for it.

T

I'm inclined to say no. And it's not a packing question but a closet question. We were on a Celebrity M-class ship and thought there was more than adequate storage space. For example, the closet had a swing-out rod for half of the closet so that you could hang tops and pants double-decker. Good drawer and shelf space. But the closet floor space was limited. My dh's shoes took up more than half (and he was forever encroaching on the small space I did have). I wished I had left one pair of sandals at home just b/c I was piling shoes on top of shoes. We had our suitcases under the bed so that space was taken, too.

M/R

It depends on your allowed luggage weight. If it is only 20 kg (44 lbs) as ours is I should leave them at home. Shoes are the bane of my life when packing. Not only do they take the most room but they really eat into the luggage allowance. How many pairs do most of you take?

to your answers to the OP....

TREVOLI - I would love to see your packing list! What size luggage do you (& others) usually take? :confused:

ANGELA - What is the 44 lb. weight limit? Per Person/Bag??? :confused:

I'm usually an overpacker, and since we're driving to the port and don't have to worry about A/L limitations, I'm not sure why, but I don't want to overload myself this time! ;)

THANKS, everyone!

Lisa

Unfortunately it is 44 lbs per person for hold luggage. I think the British limits are possibly lower than the American anyway. Hand luggage is I think 10 lbs but by the time you have allowed for the weight of the suitcase and carryon bag and everything else you sure have to economise of shoes.

I think that the weight limit here for the airlines is 50 lbs per bag, then you're charged for overweight bags, up to $80, depending on the airline. You're also only allowed to check for free bags that do not exceed 62 linear inches, so if you have a 29 or 30-inch suitcase and stuff it, you may end up being whacked with an "oversize" charge to boot.

I don't thinkg the cruise lines impose a weight limit, do they?

Unfortunately it is 44 lbs per person for hold luggage. I think the British limits are possibly lower than the American anyway. Hand luggage is I think 10 lbs but by the time you have allowed for the weight of the suitcase and carryon bag and everything else you sure have to economise of shoes.

Sorry all, this is OT but.... where in the UK are you from Angela?

I'm from Leicester (in the midlands) though living in Barbados.

When do you cruise and where are you boarding, I heard that a lot

of people from the UK board in Barbados.

BrodyBarb I'm from just south of Manchester. Cruising this year we have been to New England and Canada in April - sailing from NY. In just over two weeks we are off to the Med and next year we are going east from the Seychelles to Singapore. We have not yet got to the carribean. My favourites are the Med and Far East.

Archived