Help Deciding - Cruise line or independent

We are going on our first cruise to the Western Mediterranian with RC and have booked flights with the TA but they are expensive so I am looking around to get cheaper flights. We are going on a 50th anniversary cruise so it is not just "another cruise." My question is if I book the flights myself it is about $300 less, but what are the fees from the ship to the hotel in Barcelona, then from the hotel to the ship and again from the ship to the airport. I have been thinking it may be a wash, but I hope someone who knows about this will help me. I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!:) Anything anyone can tell us will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kay

I would do your airfare independently; it gives you more control and you'll save $.

To answer your question accurately, we'd really need to know where you are staying in BCN. However, assuming it's just 2 of you, there's no way your transfers will cost $300.

There are 2 primary ways from the BCN airport to the Las Ramblas area where most tourists stay - train or cab. Cab fare will depend on exactly where you are staying, but will likely run you 30 - 40 Euro. The train is much cheaper, but will require you to connect. It's very easy, but depends on your comfort level.

If you are staying in the Las Ramblas area, then you will likely take a taxi to the port at Moll Adossat. It's a relatively short ride and should be less than the ride form the airport to the hotel.

On your return, the taxi ride form the pier to the airport is about 30 Euro, maybe a bit more if you have a lot of luggage.

If you can post where you are staying, and what some of your other questions are, there are plenty of people here who can help you. Also check the Med Port of Call boards.

Archived